Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Possible to print PDFs in different colour?

• 16-10-2009 1:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

I just ran out of black ink, and I've practically an entire colour cartridge left. I want to print off some articles in PDF format, and I haven't been able to change the default print colour. I'm using a very basic Dell 720 printer that came free with an old laptop.

I just want to print the PDFs in dark green or blue instead of black. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I think you have the option to print using colour in print settings

Or you cold Dl a program and change the colour manually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

Can you not edit the document and change the colours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

The software with the printer is so simple that I can't select a print colour/ default print colour. I'm lucky it prints at all :rolleyes:. I've been copying and pasting into Word and changing the text colour there. But I end up with an unformatted mess. I think I'm going to have to get creative...or else stop being miserly and buy a new cartridge!

I can't edit a PDF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

The software with the printer is so simple that I can't select a print colour/ default print colour. I'm lucky it prints at all :rolleyes:. I've been copying and pasting into Word and changing the text colour there. But I end up with an unformatted mess. I think I'm going to have to get creative...or else stop being miserly and buy a new cartridge!

I can't edit a PDF.

Get a decent printer ink combination. Most printers are scrap after the ink runs out because it costs as much or more to refill them as it did to buy them in the first place. Plus Several printers heads dry up and give bad quality prints after the refill anyway.

I have the perfect option which is incredibly cheap. Plus it is high quality for the home option for general print and even photos as well. PM for further details for anyone interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I can't edit a PDF.
    Actually, you can. There is a freeware version of OS Office called OpenOffice, which you can get at OpenOffice.org

Then get http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Medievalist

Thanks Syco, I'll give it a shot

Advertisement