Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hurly Burly closed?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭

I heard hurly burly in Finglas is closed. Anyone know anything about this?
    I've heard two different reasons.

1. Its gone in liquidation.
    2. Its was owned by four drug lords?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Hurly Burly

Hi Jet Black

Can I ask where you heard this rumour? My wife and I manage Hurly Burly and we are very much open and other rumour is so outrageous as to beggar belief!!!!

We were notified by the staff in HB, who were concerned enough that this sort of rumour would affect the security of their jobs. Call me if you want clarification.

Regards
    John
    Hurly Burly
    01 864 5780
    www.hurlyburly.ie

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think that the signs on the neighbouring buildings may have changed, but Hurly Burly (as the manager says) is still there!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Hi John

I wish to apologise for this comment. I was told this by my sister who heard it in her creche. She was told by one of the other parents that Hurly Burly is closed. A parent said she went to Hurly Burly on Monday and there was no one there. As you can see I posted this just after you started closing on Mondays. The second part about 'it being owned be drug lords' was in fact a passing comment made by one of the parents who made the assumption based on the fact that it is located in Finglas so it must be something bad, my sister took this as the truth before telling me. I only found out when I drove up myself that it had in fact just changed opening hours and that all I was told was rumors and snide remarks about its location. I did not post back here because the thread had no comments and was buried at this stage.

Once agian my sincere apologies for this.

JB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement