Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nürnberg sausages!

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

WHERE to get?!

I saw them in Lidl a few weeks back, now have checked two (and Aldi) and they don't have them anymore :(
    Does anyone know where I could get them (in Ireland!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

olaola wrote: »
    WHERE to get?!

I saw them in Lidl a few weeks back, now have checked two (and Aldi) and they don't have them anymore :(
    Does anyone know where I could get them (in Ireland!)
    WHAT???!!! That's scandalous, I love their Nürnberger Bratwurstl! Write them a stroppy email immediately!

Actually being serious for a minute, they do respond properly to emails (customer.services@lidl.ie) concerning items disappearing from their shelves and have reinstated a few things I've complained about in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

DRAT!! If I had known that... I need them for my Oktoberfest tonight!

I might email them anyway...

They got back to me, they're no longer selling them... sniff sniff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They got back to me, they're no longer selling them... sniff sniff
    I was in there yesterday, and the Bratwurst are gone as well! I've noticed recently that their selection is going a lot more 'mainstream Irish', and that slowly but surely a lot of what many customers might have called 'funny foreign stuff' is disappearing which is a shame as that was one of the main reasons I shopped there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I hope ALDI doesnt stop theirs.

They have the big fat ones.

• Advertisement

Alun wrote: »
    I was in there yesterday, and the Bratwurst are gone as well! I've noticed recently that their selection is going a lot more 'mainstream Irish', and that slowly but surely a lot of what many customers might have called 'funny foreign stuff' is disappearing which is a shame as that was one of the main reasons I shopped there.

I got some good 'smoked bockwurst' in Lidl, not bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Euro_Kraut

I got some good 'smoked bockwurst' in Lidl, not bad!

Bockwurst is the tool of the Devil!

Bratwurst on the other hand is modern day manna..

Euro_Kraut wrote: »
    Bockwurst is the tool of the Devil!

Bratwurst on the other hand is modern day manna..

Any port in a storm... I'll have to go to Germany and smuggle some back.

Advertisement