Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most expensive pint in Dublin?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭

I see there's a cheapest pint thread but no expensive one.

Last time I was in the Mint bar in the Westin it was 6.70 a pint. Can anyone top this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the portobello charge €6.20 for guinness/smithwicks after 11.30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

:eek:

My god

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Although i have never been i believe the shelbourne hotel bar is one of the dearest

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Talking to an English lad in Turks Head on Saturday night and he said it was €6.60 a pint in Oliver St. John Gogarty.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good thread, lets expose these greedy bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

€6 for a Guinness in the Four Seasons yesterday afternoon. The pain was increased by having to watch all those Boyzone muppets and other assorted minor celebrities from Britain saunter around the place following Gately's funeral.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

For the sweet love of baby Jesus, are you serious?.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,584 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Breaking News:
    Temple Bar and Dublin in General has pubs that charge money for pints.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You'd really need to start talking about profit margin to oust greedy bastards. The price of the pint alone won't show the full picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Bluetonic wrote: »
    You'd really need to start talking about profit margin to oust greedy bastards. The price of the pint alone won't show the full picture.
    Some pubs in Temple Bar charge about a fiver a pint, but Gogerty's is extremely expensive. Any Nightclub I go to is cheaper than there

Dicy Reilly's on Harcourt St. was 6 quid a pint last time I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Cafe en Seine and Dakota were both appallingly expensive the last and only time I was there (once is enough, trust me)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

kippy wrote: »
    Breaking News:
    Temple Bar and Dublin in General has pubs that charge money for pints.

Yes, I'm struggling to see the point of the thread. Surely if price is an issue then there are numerous good alternatives. The 'cheapest pint' thread is a good indication.

Prices are displayed (or should be) so no one ought to feel ripped off. If you must drink in Gogarty's etc then suck it up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

RoyMcC wrote: »
    Yes, I'm struggling to see the point of the thread. Surely if price is an issue then there are numerous good alternatives. The 'cheapest pint' thread is a good indication.

Prices are displayed (or should be) so no one ought to feel ripped off. If you must drink in Gogarty's etc then suck it up :)

Maybe just so people don't walk all the way to a pub, and then discover rip off prices?

Would be interesting to see where is most expensive, I'm surprised by some of the places mentioned, and will defo be avoiding!

I think anything above €5.50 is completely taking the p*ss, I'd expect change of a fiver for a pint tbh. The one and only time I was in Cafe en Seine(seriously why would anyone go there?!) i nearly keeled over when I was charged €6.70 for a longneck bottle

dearg lady wrote: »
    Maybe just so people don't walk all the way to a pub, and then discover rip off prices?

In fairness the establishments mentioned are mostly central with other places close by. But yes, I expect change from a fiver unless I know what I'm getting into - e.g. the Cellar Bar at the Merrion where it is obvious they'll be charging a hefty premium. Certainly wouldn't head there for a session.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Acoustic

why do they charge you more after 12pm ????

full shilling in finglas is €5 and after 12 its €580

when i asked why it was more after 12 they said it was to pay for the late license

Acoustic wrote: »

:eek: That wins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Acoustic wrote: »
    why do they charge you more after 12pm ????

when i asked why it was more after 12 they said it was to pay for the late license

Jayus, 11,600% markup after 12?

Advertisement