Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gillington's Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Ajax are up 5-1 at HT in that game!

Panionios v Panthrakikos €8.20 @ 1.46

Away team are shocking,just 1 point from their 10 games this season and sit well adrift at the bottom,home team sit mid-table and are in good form winning 4 out of their last 5 league games after a bad start to the season.It should be comfortable for the home team,but when is the Greek league ever comfortable!?

New Bank 0
    In Play €18.20

Ajax won 5-1 New Bank €12.66

Mallorca v Almeria €10 @ 1.81

Mallorca are awesome at home,theyve won their last 6 games there in all comps whereas Almeria have lost 3 of their last 4 on their travels and lost 4 out of in all comps home and away so dont have the best of form coming into this one.

Bank €2.66
    In Play €18.20

Panionis won 3-1 so new bank €14.44

Juventus v Udinese €10 @ 1.43

Juve need to win to keep up their title ambitions,while Udinese's form has been very incosistent with only one win in 6.They are missing their 2 best players,Simone Pepe and Antonio Di Natele who has 9 of their goals this season.Juve have Del Piero back aswell.Juve have won 5 of their last 6 games so come in with some good form.

Mallorca won 3-1 so New Bank after this bet €22.13
    In Play €10

Flamengo v Goias €10 @1.43

Flamengos Home form 6 wins on the trot,Goias away form,5 losses on the trot.Goias won last time out but before that hadnt won in 8 games plus their last win was against 3rd bottom Santa Andre,Flamengo have lost only 1 in last 15 and need to win to overtake Sao Paulo at the top of the table by a point with 2 games to go.

New bank 12.13
    In Play €20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

So far so good, keep it up. :)

• Advertisement

Doocey wrote: »
    So far so good, keep it up. :)

Cheers dude! Flamengo drew 0-0 the feckers.It just shows me how one loss can affect my profit/loss.Starting bank yesterday €18.20,5 bets,the first 4 won,last one losing €10.Closing bank €26.21 so a total profit of €8.I suppose a profit is a profit and If I'm backing short odds its to be expected plus I'm gaining a lot of knowledge of foreign leagues as Im spending more time researching my bets if I'm doing them singlely.Ill keep it going with the short odds and see how I go.

Think I'm only going for one bet today,well if this wins I might have something on the Newcastle game.

Karabükspor v Caykur Rizespor €10 @ 2.04 Turk League 1 6pm KO

Not too sure why there is evens available on this,hopefully half the team havent been wiped out or something! Cant find anything to that effect anyways.Home team have won their last 3 scoring 12 and conceding 1,away team have lost the last 3.Home team havent lost at home since March,winning 9 of their last 12 dames there,drawing 3.Home team are the leagues highest scorers and 3rd best defensively while away are plodding along at Even GD.Hopefully a nice home win to boost the coffers.

New Bank €16.21
    In Play €10

Karabükspor up 3-0,nice when a home team at evens comes in.

Preston North End v Newcastle €6 @ 2.18

Tried to get them at bigger but they went down when team news came out I think,on paper they look like they can take it with the likes of Jonas,Nolan etc plus Pancrate,Lovenkrands etc on the bench they're attacking then PNE.Theyre on a 3 match unbeaten run while PNE havent won in 3 although Preston went to Spain on a break during International week which might rejuvenate them hence only sticking €6 on it.

New Bank €10.21
    In Play €16

Newcastle won so new bank €42.82

Two bets for tomorrow afternoon then Ill have a look at evening fixtures.

Slaven Belupo v Varteks €10 @ 1.63 Croatian Cup KO 3pm

These 2 drew 3 days ago 0-0 at Varteks,before that Belupo had won 5 in a row and 7 out of 10 in all comps while the away team haven't won in 3 games and their form has been patchy only winning 3 out of their last 12,2 of them in the cup so not too sure if they are concentrating on this over the league,lets hope not!

Banska Bystrica v MFK Kosice €10 @ 1.59 Slovakian Cup KO 3:30 pm

Another cup game but in the league this would be 3rd against bottom.Away team Kosice have lost 5 in a row,conceding 16 scoring 3,while home team Banska arent banging them in,theyve won their last 3,unbeaten in 10 altogether winning 7 of those.Banska beat Kosice 2-0 at Kosice 20 days ago and 5-0 also at Kosice about 6 weeks ago so all things are pointing to home win.

New Bank €42.82
    In Play €20

One of me early bets came in,not sttled yet

Gone for Rubin Kazan v Dynamo Kiev €10 @ 2.18

Kiev missing alot of players and Kazan will on a high after winning the league on the weekend.

New Bank €28.42
    In Play €10

Loads of great bets on tonight which is always dangerous in my opinion as you can get greedy,another worry is the weather can scupper any games you might think will be easy.Anyways going to risk a treble,I've only been doing singles since I started this.

Treble of Leeds,Norwich and Stevenage,€10 @ 2.74 Unfortunately I have to head training so cant watch and havent much time to preview.All teams at home playing struggling teams basically.

New Bank €18.42
    In Play €20

• Advertisement

Leeds saved my backside last night as well as millions more punters aswell! Thank you Max Gradel! New Bank €44.95

Gonna have a small bet on this 12 pm KO in the Hungarian Cup.

Paks v Zalaegerszeg €5 @ 2.42

The away team are awesome and have been a team I've been following.They have won their last 7 games in a ll comps and are unbeaten since September,it reads P16 W 12 D 4 L 0. I dunno how serious teams take this Leaguie Cup but I'm hoping the away team want to continue their winning streak.Home team aren't that bad,a mid-table team in the league this bet is purely goin on away form.

Bank €39.95
    In Play €5

Thumped they were 0-3! New Bank €39.95

First bet for tonight is Bordeaux v Juventus Over 1.5 goals €10 @ 1.51

If I had to pick a winner id say Juve as they have the tougher game in the next round at home to Bayern so they'll want to get something out of this tonight.Bordeaux will be happy with the point knowing they've Maccabi in the next game.I'm hoping that 2 goals is not too much too ask!Odds arent bad on it which suggests alot of people dont favour it but I do :)

Bank €29.95
    In Play €10

Thinking of a single on AC who were 2.02 earlier,small drift out to 2.14 now so just gonna check team news to find out about the drift.

Team news in was sorta hoping for Inzaghi to start but Borriello is up front instead.Hopefully Seedorf,Pato and Ronnie can win it for them/me!

AC Milan v Marseille €10 @ 2.12

Both teams are in good form of late so I can understand the odds but I prefer Milan in this.Fair enough they lost to Zurich in the Champs League but that was their last loss and since then theyve changed their shape and tactics and beat teams such as Roma,Lazio,Parma and more importantly Real Madrid.Marseille are only a point behind Milan but I dont think there can be too much read into that for this game,Milan beat them in France and real beating them 3-0.Milan will want this knowing Real are near enough guaranteed 3 points.

Bank €19.95
    In Play €20

Bad Day for me with only 1/3 bets coming in.New Bank €34.79

Not as bad as my luck, and I don't know what teams for the weekend either.

Right today's bets.Napoli v Cittadella €10 @ 1.3 Coppa Italia KO 19:30

Had a couple of bad bets this week in various cups around Europe but reckon Napoli can do it,Odds arent great at 1.3 though.Napoli are unbeaten in 6 games in Serie A,Drawing with AC and also beating Juve and Fiorentian away from home being the 3 that stand out.The only worry is they havent scored in their last 2 games.Their home record is 5 wins and 5 draws from their last 10.Cittadella on the other hand havent won in 6,losing their last 2.Hopefully Marek Hamsik their free scorin midfielder can pop up for one or two.

Metz v Clermont €10 @ 1.73 French Ligue 2 KO 19:45

Metz are the form team at the moment in Ligue 2,14 points from their last 18,winning the last 3 home games in that run.Clermont are an incosistent sort of team they can win a couple then lose a couple but are missing one of their strikers who got sent off last game so could struggle I reckon.

Bank €14.79
    In Play €20

Back to winning ways with both coming in,New Bank €44.48

SV Ried v Mattersburg €10 @ 1.61 Austrian Bundesliga KO 19:30

Bit of a weird one this,its 5th v 6th in the league but there seasons couldnt be further apart so far,Riued have the most draws in the league with 5 while Mattersburg have 0,won 7 lost 9 but Ried have an awesome home record.Theyve won 4 in a row at home and have lost only one in 22 at home since September last year winning 17 of them.Mattersburg have won their last 2 but they were against the bottom 2 teams who most seem to be beating.Odds of 1.61 seem a gift.

Bank €34.48
    In Play €10

More bets to follow

€2 Double on RBC and Gallapoli

Bangor City v Connah's Quay €10 @ 1.68 Welsh Premier KO 19:30

Bangor havent won in their last 2 but both draw and loss were against stronger teams,they won 3 on the spin prior to that in all comps.Connah's Quay lost their last 2 conceding 7 scoring 0,admittedly again,against way stronger opposition.What gets it for me is that Bangor have won the last 7 meetings in all comps since 2007 with a total goal difference of 29 goals scored for Bangor,4 for Connah's.A dismal record and im hoping it continues tonight

Bank €22.48
    In play €22

Guilty of chasing:confused: and afterposting :eek:

Rosario Central v Tucuman €10 @ 1.66

Currently 1-0 up they better not let me down!

Bank €22.48
    In Play €10

Got what i deserved for chasing 1-1 draw in fairness Rosario hit the post twice and had a few chances before Tucuman equalised,down to 12 and change think its the lowest Ive ben at.Have to be somethin special over the next few days to get it back :confused:

• Advertisement

€10 on Rangers to beat Aberdeen @ 1.92.Not a fan of backing Celtic or Rangers but here goes.

Rangers are pants.Anyway have the remainder of the account €2.48 on Fulham,Southampton,City and QPR to win @ odds of 6.69.

Don't lose the faith mate.

Rightio,have deposited €10 in the Boyles account,hopefully after me first bet I can take it straight back out then continue with the winnings,wasnt doin too bad for a while on the singles and doubles and withdrew a bit before xmas so lets hope I can keep goin.

Most selections will have a brief reasoning behind them,as I say most will be singles and doubles.

Bet 1:Man United v Wigan
    Match Handicap -1 Man United -1 4/6
    Total stake €10.00
    Estimated return €16.67

As I said in Football Tips from the Pro,United's record against Wigan is something else-10 games,10 wins,30 goals for,4 against.
    Wigan have 2 points from their last 12 and away from home have 1 point in their last 12.Their point was against a battling Stoke side,followed up by a loss to Liverpool but before those two they were embarrassed 4-0 away to Pompy and 9-1 to Spurs.That 9-1 seems like a while ago now but I cant see Wigan winning tonight,especially if United can beat them at Wigan.

New Bank €0
    In Play €10

Shoulda gone United -2! Withdrew the €10 so just have the winnings which are €6.67.

Just somethin for interest,well obviously I think it can win but im going for

Bet 2:Central Coast Mariners v Wellington Phoenix Fc
    Match Betting Central Coast Mariners EVS
    Total stake €3.00
    Estimated return €6.00

Both clubs have been in shocking form,4 straight losses dor Central Coast and only 2 points from 12 for Wellington.3 of Centrals Coasts losses were against the top 3 and their 4th was a 90min 3-2 loss against Brisbane who are themselves struggling.There is not much else pointing to Central but they are due a win.The last 7 games in the A league have all been home wins so im goin for an 8th!

New Bank €3.67
    In Play €3

What a stupid bet that was! Anyways Im going away for the New Year so puttin on my weekends bet now,said I was only gonna do singles or doubles but I quite fancy a few teams and I've only 3 or so quid

Southampton v Luton
    Match Betting Southampton 4/9
    Queen Of South v Ayr Utd
    Match Betting Queen Of South 4/9
    Tottenham v Peterborough
    Match Handicap -1 Tottenham -1 8/15
    Valencia v Espanyol
    Match Betting Valencia 4/9
    Total stake €3.67
    Estimated return €16.96

New bank €0
    In Play €3.67

Happy New Year all!

Queen of the South game postponed,all the other 3 are winners(Thanks to Nikola Zigic's 92nd min winner!) so new bank of €11.74

Getafe v Real Valladolid
    Match Betting Getafe 8/11
    Dundee v Airdrie Utd
    Match Betting Dundee 2/7
    Chelsea v Watford
    Match Betting Chelsea 1/7
    Total stake €5.00
    Estimated return €12.69

Bit risky backing Getafe after the xmas break but they were in great form before it winning 4 of their last 5.They have main striker Roberto Soldado back while Vallodolid are missing their top scorer this season,Diego Costa and theyre missing Manucho aswell.
    Dundee have only lost once at home all season and that was to Rangers in the cup,theyve won 8 and drawn 2 at home in the league,Airdrie have only 2 away points from 30 and have only 1 league win all season.
    Chelsea I just think are too strong for Watford,although watching the Leeds game now I could live to regret it!

New Bank €6.74
    In Play €5

Dundee schmundee,red card didnt help them. :(

Osasuna v Real Madrid
    Match Betting R Madrid 4/9
    Total stake €6.74
    Estimated return €9.74

I hate backig real but they have Ronaldo,Higuain etc playing and a win here could see them going top on Goal difference after Barca's draw so that should inspire them to win.

New Bank €0
    In Play €6.74

Real were bloody awful,didnt help that osasuna's team bus was parked in front of the goal.Deposited €10 with hope that this bet wins and Ill withdraw it straightaway as I usually do.

Partick v Morton
    Match Betting Partick 4/7
    Total stake €10.00
    Estimated return €15.71

Greenock are still playing with their reserve keeper and are missing 3 other first-teamers.Theyve lost their last 3 games,fair enough they were agaisnt the Top 3 but I think there is too much of a gulf and that 4th place Partick will be too much for them.Partick havent played since Stephens Day but that was a 2-2 against 2nd place Queen of the South,that and Steve Lovell finding his scoring boots I'm hoping will get them the win.

New Bank €0
    In Play €10

• Advertisement

Partick won 1-0 so I was able to withdraw the initial €10 and leave me with a new bank of €5.71.I jumped all in with the Real game last night and lost but havent learned me lesson!

Kavala v Levadiakos
    Match Betting Kavala 5/6
    Total stake €5.71
    Estimated return €10.47

Kavala have a decent squad like former Liverpool keeper Charles Itandje and Diogo Rincon,top scorer Benjamin Chukuka is still there,I probably wouldnt have backed them if he'd gone to the ACN but he didnt.\kavala have lost only one home game all season and that was their first home game,since that theyve won 4 and drawn 2.Levadiakos are 3rd from bottom,they have won away this season but it was against the bottom club,I cant see them winning this.

Bit strange that Boyles dont have Serie B games,I would have been all over the Ancona price just under evens.Ah well

New Bank €0
    In Play €5.71

Advertisement