Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter Coase Fishing

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Jusyt a few thoughts as I usually spend the winter coarse fishing.

Fishing well for me has been the Barrow with 19 lb of fish there last night in about 3 hours which included a 4 lb hybrid..

Also my favourite spots in Carick on Shannon. The mudflats fish well all winter with plenty of roach / bream.

Also had good fishing last week in Co.Clare ont he lakes around Tula in Co Clare.. dont remember the name but roach and bream all pletiful on feeder and loads of "sardines" on the float.

Please add a few good winter spots that I might try

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭surripere

I think your mad to post locations in a public forum, when there be so many fishing killing brutes abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

out in the middle of lough ree in my boat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Macspower wrote: »

Fishing well for me has been the Barrow with 19 lb of fish there last night in about 3 hours which included a 4 lb hybrid..

Also my favourite spots in Carick on Shannon. The mudflats fish well all winter with plenty of roach / bream.

Also had good fishing last week in Co.Clare ont he lakes around Tula in Co Clare.. dont remember the name but roach and bream all pletiful on feeder and loads of "sardines" on the float.

I just LOVE winter fishing - especially if you catch one of those nice plump roach with their winter coats on :p - there's something magical about walking along the bank, maybe the crunch of the frosty grass, the steam coming up from the water as the sun rises, even the sound of the float hitting the water seems 'crispier' - oooh I'm getting all nostalgic here lol

There's an old bacon factory near me that outlets warm 'bacon flavour' water into the local river & its a real hotspot in winter as all the fish make a b-line for it.....but I'm not telling where :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Bratach Bán

Macspower wrote: »

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Ryanzo

Cant wait myself for winter fishing, its a nice build up to march

• Advertisement
Advertisement