Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's your favourite skincare product?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

I'm a big fan of:
    REN
    Dr Haushka
    Creme de La Mer (when I can afford it)
    Aveda.

I try and stay away from anything with sodium laureth sulphate- super sensitive skin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

Aveda Botanical Kinetics Hydrating Lotion. It's light but luscious, and it smells delicious. Perfect for nighttime moisturizing.

I don't really use anything. :o
    Actually I love dead sea minerals mud masks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

moved from tLL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

I love la Roche Posay. not pretty. ubiquitous. very good quality.

I'm a big fan of burts bees stuff too. Particularly their lip balms, shampoos and moisturisers.

Oh and Aveeno body moisturiser is brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Estee Lauder Idealist for a nice and smooth canvass to put foundation on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 iwoniwoniwon

yes I find La Roche Posay very good too. It's waaay cheaper if you buy it in Spain. surprise surprise!

Oh and i can't live without Clarins beauty flash balm. Even if my skin is really acting up it almost always sorts it out

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Gingerspice99

Recently just started using the Reversalist range from Avon, tried the samples I was given of the Serum and the night cream. Have to say I was really impressed and bought the full size versions, have allergies to a lot of face creams, but have had no reactions and my skin is clearer, pores reduced and reduction of fine lines. Can't wait for the day and eye cream to be launched.

They are definitely worth a try ladies.

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

For my face (but not as a moisturiser)
    9658.jpg

for body, superdrug moisturiser for very dry skin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

I second the Beauty flash balm; even when you look like death it will perk you up :)

Really like the Dermalogica power vitamin range too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭time42play

yes I find La Roche Posay very good too. It's waaay cheaper if you buy it in Spain. surprise surprise!

My skin doesn't tolerate a lot of other products but LaRoche Posay works really well for me. I just got some in France - less than half the price it costs in Dublin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Hey
    As you are sensitive to SLS what shampoo do you use? I try and not use products with SLS too, but besides "naked" shampoo, which I didnt find very good, I get stuck for a good shampoo.

Its amazing how many products are marketed as "organic" but are laced with SLS.

I find Liz Earle skin products very good and also clinique. The liz earle products you buy over the net and are packaged so so nicely its almost a shame to open the box!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 iwoniwoniwon

I use Aveda scalp benefits shampoo which I find very soothing, but it's not great for my highlights- I have to use a very strong conditioner or it's like straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I like Clinique Three Step for combination skin, am especially fond of the toner.

Botanics Face Super Balm, amazing for dry skin. Mine gets quite dry in winter so I'll be slapping on lots of this at bed time. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

cant recommend La Roche Posay enough - i have sensitive combination skin and the Toleraine Fluid just sorts it out - after years of searching i finally found 'the one'!

exremely dry skin on body and find St. Ives Collagen Elastin superb too :)

also cant live without Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream - multi-tasker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

I use Gatineau for oily skin and Carita for oily skin.
    You can get good deals on Gatineau on ebay and on strawberrynet.com
    Carita is pricey - i usually ask for it for christmas and then it lasts all year until next christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

ahaaha wrote: »
    also cant live without Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Cream - multi-tasker!

I love 8 Hour Cream actually! It comes in new limited edition packaging now too, gonna pick me up some tomorrow! :)

pelizarden1-5606714dt3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭winking weber

How do people use eight hour cream?

i'm mystified as to what its for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I have been using ROC for quite some time now and I find nothing comes close to it. It's absolutely superb - for my skin anyway.
    You certainly don't have to spend a lot of money for a good quality product - ROC is not cheap but it's far from expensive too. A tube of moisturiser is less than €20.
    The old housewives' favourite Astral is as cheap as chips and you can pick it up in a supermarket - possibly not for everyone as it has a heavy consistency and is quite oily, but one application of it has my skin looking radiant. It has been endorsed by Joanna Lumley for years, therefore her flawless complexion for a 63-year-old is down to Astral, not botox. ;)
    Seriously though, it is an amazing cream. I've had people asking me if I was wearing a new mineral make-up when all I put on my face was Astral.

I really want to try La Roche Posay. I've often considered splashing out on a tube of Creme De La Mer, but nah... crazy price. I got a sample of it once and it didn't feel any different to any other moisturiser tbh (I appreciate it's very good though).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

I got some trilogy moisturiser recently and I love it. Have the everything balm too, it's their version of the 8 hour cream but it's not as greasy.

Also like Dr Hauschka and Clinique. If I need something cheaper Garnier.

Advertisement