Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unwanted Phone calls

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I have recently moved over from Eircom to Chorus
    I was ex directory with Eircom and I am the same with Chorus now. About an hour after being connected with Chorus I got a call from "Sahara for Life", a charity in Pakistan looking for money. The call is routed through the UK as a number does come up on screen, I have received about 8 phone calls now and it is becoming very irritating. I eventually got through to a human in customer service and they say they can't block numbers without the Gardai's say so.
    Has anyone else received calls from these people ? what can be done to stop them calling etc. I have used all the usual expletives and called into question the parentage of the individual who called me, yet, I still get calls. Anyone know what to do ?? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

National Directory Database, this is where your preference for spam calls is held. Get Chorus to make it so you don't want commercial callers.

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭bcirl03

On the NDD also and get calls from outside Ireland.

I usually play along with them for a while, other times I bark down the phone and if I'm really in a fun mood I put them onto the boss - my 4 year old - he loves talking shop with them :)

Check out youtube, loads of examples of people ‘taking the Michael’ out of these callers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

bcirl03 wrote: »
    I put them onto the boss - my 4 year old - he loves talking shop with them :)

Ah brilliant :D

You should tape it and post it here for our amusement ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Sticky Fingers

Thanks. Chorus have told me that since I opted out of having my number listed when I opened my account, they don't share the info with anyone.
    I can only think they must have an auto dialler and found my number.
    Will look up youtube too, looking forward to p***ing them off !

Advertisement