Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland V Liverpool 17/10/09 Match Thread

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Thanks lads

Edit: just seen other thread
    So have posted them there aswell ,
    sorry again for any de-railing

Holsten wrote: »
    Did it even hit the ball? Looking at it on match of the day it looks like
    Johnson just kicks the beech ball instead of the football.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

Mr Alan wrote: »
    24kz711.gif

couple of match ban for aul Brucie hopefully

Agreed
    A1 thug

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

bluefinger wrote: »
    Agreed
    A1 thug

seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Agreed
    A1 thug

ah here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Holsten wrote: »
    Did it even hit the ball? Looking at it on match of the day it looks like
    Johnson just kicks the beech ball instead of the football.

Yeah, looks like this in some replays, Johnson's foot was at 45 degrees, ball could have come off this, and he kicks the beach ball in the same motion. Although it's so difficult to tell, that it's just funnier to believe the beach ball version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

It seems Man City have made a quick move for the balloon

2dsg474.jpg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I was at the game,the famous beach ball come from a couple of rows in front of us.I have not seen it on the TV yet its on my Sky Plus I will have a look later,one thing I am not sure if it was picked up on the TV is it was on the pitch before the game and Reina kicked it off the pitch and behind the goal.Looking back in hindsight he should have burst it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Dave! wrote: »

2dsg474.jpg

Well he was only effective in his own box so maybe he's just a straight replacement for Dunne :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Dub13 wrote: »
    I was at the game,the famous beach ball come from a couple of rows in front of us.I have not seen it on the TV yet its on my Sky Plus I will have a look later,one thing I am not sure if it was picked up on the TV is it was on the pitch before the game and Reina kicked it off the pitch and behind the goal.Looking back in hindsight he should have burst it.
    Did that young kid get any stick from fans. Feel a bit sorry for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well he was only effective in his own box so maybe he's just a straight replacement for Dunne :pac:

Think Chelsea thought that too :D

Whats are the odds united fans will be singing 99 red balloons. Or words to the tune next weekend

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/18102009/58/premier-league-liverpool-shop-sells-beach-balls.html
    Opposition fans revelling in Rafa Benitez's side's misery have bought all remaining 'beach sets' from the online shop, which consist of a towel, a bag and the now-infamous beach ball.

The sets had been reduced from £20 to £10 and have now sold out. They will be a must-have item for travelling supporters visiting Anfield in coming weeks.

Several web users have also left spoof reviews on the site.

'Natalie from Manchester' wrote: "I bought this set, but seem to have lost the ball in Sunderland. Is it possible to order a replacement?" while 'G from Johnon' commented: "This is one of the most flexible products I have ever purchased. Great for not only the beach, but can also play up front."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Whats are the odds united fans will be singing 99 red balloons. Or words to the tune next weekend

Pretty low I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone see the analysis on RTE?

Highlighting the balloon.
    "Ok and here we see the balloon making it's first appearance."
    "And here's the balloon now rolling its way into an onside position"

Genius.

Yeah, and 99 Red Balloons playing, brilliant :)

Did that young kid get any stick from fans. Feel a bit sorry for him.

I did not see him getting any stick.

Dub13 wrote: »
    I did not see him getting any stick.
    Yes Rte zoomed in on him before and after the goal. He looked a bit distraught but fair play to the Liverpool players and management they distanced themselves from the whole incident.
    Btw what was your take on the formation pool played. Shearer reckons our back three struggled with the system all afternoon.
    And looking at highlights of game yesterday, defence did not look comfortable at all.

Btw what was your take on the formation pool played. Shearer reckons our back three struggled with the system all afternoon.
    And looking at highlights of game yesterday, defence did not look comfortable at all.

I am never a fan of 3 at the back,it just does not work when the other team is playing 2 up front you can maybe get away with it when they are only playing one up but even then the CB don't play it enough to be comfortable playing it.

Yes three at the back seems a bit of a strange system and we were all over the place yesterday.
    Dont know what is wrong with our defence but they just dont look like a happy bunch. Always felt it strange that Carra chose to take a go at his team mates in the last game of last season (maybe it was second last).
    It showed his team mates up and I dont know if it was right thing to do.
    But either way he has been struggling so far this season. Hypia I know lacked pace but he was solid for most part.
    Maybe we are underestimating his loss to team. Always very dependable in the air and put his body on the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Agreed
    A1 thug

If anything Mr Benitez should be issuing a public apology for accusing Kenywne Jones of timewasting :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i've actually wanted to see 3 at the back again since we did it at Watford a couple of seasons ago, but it didn't work. poor decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

Took about 12 years but those few jammy goals that McManaman and Collymore(was it him?) got Vs Tottenham and Blackburn using the portable divot have finally come back to haunt us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

The Muppet wrote: »
    Pretty low I'd imagine.

why because they would have to come up with something original

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

The goal should not have stood. But saying that, it doesn't take away from the fact that Liverpool were piss-poor, playing a stupid formation (why not stick to the same, or switch to a simple 4-4-2????), especially against a team who have been on form.

Stupid decision by Rafa IMO. We now need two monumental games this week to bring the confidence back up.

No doubt we'll lose to United by an OG though... :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

No doubt we'll lose to United by an OG though... :p

FYP
    No doubt we'll lose to United by an Owen Goal though... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

kida wrote: »
    FYP
    No doubt we'll lose to United by an Owen Goal though... :p

lol classic - and wouldn't be surprised in the slightest!

Owen if he has any sense will blaze the penalty over the bar!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Owen if he has any sense will blaze the penalty over the bar!

He's paid by Man U now, if he has any sense he'll give his all for his current employers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

If I recall correctly, Owen isn't massively prolific from the penalty spot (well he missed a few in his time at Liverpool) so in this hypothetical scenario he probably wouldn't be taking the penalty anyway.

sure he actually bothered to stop his england campaigning for a minute recently to say he'd be celebrating as normal if he scored. so i certainly don't think he'd be doing Liverpool any favours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Dave! wrote: »

2dsg474.jpg

So have united!!!
    GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=a7e7f3b1-bd67-11de-bf73-002264c1c798&Aux=44%7C0%7C8CC1F8B93ACFC20%7C%7C

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Jackobyte wrote: »
    So have united!!!
    GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=a7e7f3b1-bd67-11de-bf73-002264c1c798&Aux=44%7C0%7C8CC1F8B93ACFC20%7C%7C
    Link skillz!

curry-muff wrote: »
    If anything Mr Benitez should be issuing a public apology for accusing Kenywne Jones of timewasting :eek:

good to see Bruce apologising in his press conference today, saying he made a prat of himself & admitting that he owes Rafa an apology.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

rafa has done it again

another good player has left liverpool

but that's not the end of the story

Advertisement