Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switching course?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

hi everyone i was just wondering would i be able to switch course now? the course im currently in is killing me and i think ill end up dropping out i need help please, thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

Before you drop out go and talk to your lecturers or dept head, tell them whats up and they might be able to either help you or advise you.
    If you know what you want to go into and that you are defo not going to continue on with your current course then make sure that you tell them that as well.
    Also be aware that you will lose any grant you may be in receipt of for the year in which you switch, I switched in second year and had to pay for my first two years in the new course myself, as well as not getting a grant so had to end up working as well.

Its not a small decision to drop out of your course, so make sure you explore all options first before you decide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 meinteil69

ok thanks, do you also know if id be able to switch course now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Arcade Panda

I'm half condidering transfering over to law plus from HPPS...I have the points and I just think it's a better coarse!

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

I'm half condidering transfering over to law plus from HPPS...I have the points and I just think it's a better coarse!

Sorry guys to say this ..... but off the top of my head you have left it too late!!

You have roughly one month to change!!

After that you either stick with what you have or re-apply through the CAO. (Which dictates that you will be paying fees for first year).

If you left in the first month you wouldn't of had to pay but frankly after 2 months of tertiary education, your going to be paying for next year unless you stick it out and go into second year (and complete your course).

If I were ye I would go into the education officer in the ULSU to see what she says - maybe she knows something we don't, but I wouldn't have my hopes up!

These are the rules. If you drop out before October 31st you are still eligible for free fees when you decide to go back. If you leave after October 31st but before January 31st, you would be liable to pay half tuition fees when you decide to go back. Finally if you leave after January 31st you will be liable to pay full tuition fees when you go back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement