Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithfield to be completed afterall

Options
  • 16-10-2009 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

http://buckplanning.blogspot.com/2009/10/smithfield-plaza-to-be-completed.html
    Dublin City Council has secured €2.4 million in EU funding for the completion of Smithfield Plaza, 10 years after it was originally constructed.

The large open plaza was built in 1999 at a cost of £3.5 million as the centrepiece of the regeneration of the northwest inner-city area. However, the southern end of the plaza, through which the Luas line now runs, was never finished.

About time :/ Smithfield needs to be Dublin's answer to southbank already, but the bloody place has been dead every time I've seen it for the past 5 years. It has so much potential - the Lighthouse cinema is great start, more in that vein and it'll be just what northside needs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Dandelion6

I'll believe it when I see it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Yixian wrote: »
    http://buckplanning.blogspot.com/2009/10/smithfield-plaza-to-be-completed.html

About time :/ Smithfield needs to be Dublin's answer to southbank already, but the bloody place has been dead every time I've seen it for the past 5 years. It has so much potential - the Lighthouse cinema is great start, more in that vein and it'll be just what northside needs.

Do you know what they're going to add to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

It's a disaster. Yet another city council planning mistake. Smithfield could have been brilliant, instead a combination of mistakes by planners has resulted in a dead square and dead environs. Joke.

Advertisement