Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant reccommendation around Aungier St. area.

Options
  • 16-10-2009 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭

Hi all, graduating tomorrow evening in St.Patricks Cathedral around Kevin St. Although I've lived in Dublin for the last 4 years I haven't sampled many restaurants due to financial retardation!

However tomorrow I want to bring my parents somewhere nice for a bite to eat without travelling too far, any and all suggestions welcome.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

What type of food?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

if you're into indian i would recommend jaipur on georges street south

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Any kind really, just as long as it's cooked well and not fast-foody. No MSG laden Chinese/Indian places either. If only Bombay Pantry had a sit down restaurant. :(

I like Cafe Bar Deli on Georges St. but it's more for lunch than a meal after a graduation if you catch my drift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Any kind really, just as long as it's cooked well and not fast-foody. No MSG laden Chinese/Indian places either. If only Bombay Pantry had a sit down restaurant. :(

I like Cafe Bar Deli on Georges St. but it's more for lunch than a meal after a graduation if you catch my drift.

l'gueuleton on fade street is a winner, one of the best restaurants around and very resonable, only thing is they dont take bookings

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

How about Saba? 2-3 mins walk from Aungier St. Lovely, Thai/Vietnamese - http://sabadublin.com/

• Advertisement

+1 for Saba

Yamamori on George's Street is lovely either :)

cosmic wrote: »

Yamamori on George's Street is lovely either :)

Cheers all. That Yamamori looks pretty epic.

Keep the suggestions coming anyway, I will make sure to report back Sunday evening.

Oh, if you like Mexican food, the food in Acapulco on George's St is amazing!

http://www.acapulco.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭lynchpin

+1 for Jaipur.

Fantastic food and service

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

l'gueuleton on fade street is a winner, one of the best restaurants around and very resonable, only thing is they dont take bookings

I've been there twice and it's awful! I can't help but think it's food for people who don't know what good food is (just like comedies with laughter tracks are for people who don't know what's funny). No offence! :)

The best restaurant on Aungier Street is Darwins. You could also try the Argentinian place (next to the Radisson Hotel).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

AARRRGH wrote: »
    I've been there twice and it's awful! I can't help but think it's food for people who don't know what good food is (just like comedies with laughter tracks are for people who don't know what's funny). No offence! :)

The best restaurant on Aungier Street is Darwins. You could also try the Argentinian place (next to the Radisson Hotel).

well im a chef in a one star michelin restaurant. and all the other guys go there regularly too.. so yeah im pretty sure we know good food.. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm graduating from Kevin St tomorrow as well. Yay.

Brassier 66 is nice, Yamamori is lovely aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

South Street cafe always a good choice- Pizza and pasta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

well im a chef in a one star michelin restaurant

Cool! What one? Is the work very hard? (as hard as they make it out to be on the TV)

Edit... Congrats Orla and Bigkev, well done, I hope you get jobs after your years of slogging (and drinking). I would go for SABA too, great fish and great cocktails to celebrate. Book it... 01 6792000 Do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Diwali Indian has a good rep, esp amongst Indians, and it's cheap as chips so I'd recommend it...

And l'gueuleton, best steak I've had outside of Paris, even though I didn't have a steak in Paris..

Well we ended up strolling in to Yamamori and getting a table for 7 without any wait, food was excellent, cheers for the heads up.

In addition I dined in a fine establishment known as Burgermax at about 4:45am, can't recommend it highly enough.

Advertisement