Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Ways of upgrading a WELL L96??

Options
  • 16-10-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

Hi i am wondering if anyone knows some good for the WELL L96???

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

what are you looking to upgrade? is it shooting well bellow the joule or are you looking to increase accuracy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭MKIII

well i put some camo netting ect on it.If you are mad like somebody I know
    Put an M203 on it.it has no use and makes it horribly front heavy thus less acurate and a pain to aim also m203 trigger is not as handy as on an M4 ect.
    God bless th L96 though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Possible upgrades.... (Not fps)

Basically any part designed for the maruzen aps2 type 96 will fit this rifle. Its a direct copy apart from one or two minor differences. Good upgrades for accuracy, are a relpacement barrel, and hopup. These improve grouping and range.

If you intend to upgrade cylinder parts, do it at once, in one go. It saves uneven wear on different parts. Plus, some parts dont fit together nicely... Best bet? Laylax cylinder, cylinder head, and piston with bearing spring guide, and a set of seers for the trigger unit.

You will have to crono this after upgrade, and perform necsery downgrade of power (clip the spring a little) to keep it legal. The upgrades increase air efficiency to improve accuracy, but in turn that will raise fps due to being more efficient. Upgrading sniper rifles is a tricky game... And long term reliability is always a concern.
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Hey Firekitten, where would the best (cheapest :P) place be to get these parts?

As far as I know... Hongkong is the only stockists of most of these parts. Fire support does some.

• Advertisement

I got the warriot edition a while back and lately there seems to be what looks like a second safety infront of the trigger.This is falling itself alot and prevents me from shooting any ideas or is this the norm?

The second safety... if you mean like the glock trigger safety... how is it failing? what does it exactly do? I never found them to do much on those models.

All it seems to do is prevent you from cyceling a BB through.You still can pull and push the bolt but 0 BBs.Seems to be random but pain in the arse when you have a good shot and miss
    worse comes to worse I'll tape it up ar something

The trigger will have NO effect on bb loading... none at all... THe little trigger is a second safety to the main one, the bb loading is further forward.

Check that your mag catch is secured tightly in the magwell. and that the magazine seats firmly.

If you need to, push the mag up when cocking to see if that helps it load, if it is, perhaps a new mag is needed. It certainly doesnt sound like a seer or trigger issue.

thanks FK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kurbinator

is ther a better scope that can be bought for the L96 one that zooms really well I know its overkill for airsoft and its origional scope is good enough but just said Id ask.Unless this is for internal upgrades only

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Yes any scope will do, all scopes do the same thing and attach the same way. It's down to personal preference really. Just remember that with a higher powered scope you could find yourself shooting at things you don't have the range to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Theres a million and one different scopes you can use. this is a cheap and cheerful one and has pretty good eye relief.
    http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ea-3-9x50-range-crosshair-rifle-scope.html

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

Here is a new hop up unit so u can fit aeg barrels http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1371 hope this helps. ;)

Mr X15 wrote: »
    Here is a new hop up unit so u can fit aeg barrels http://www.gunnerairsoft.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1371 hope this helps. ;)

The Well L96 is already compatible with AEG barrels as far as I know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Theres a slight difference in them, the L96 barrel has a groove in it near the hopup mech but its not something you couldn't get around.,:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭Dread-Lock

Would I be correct in saying this is the same as the L96 in a different shell. And would take the APS2 parts as well.

Dread-Lock wrote: »
    Would I be correct in saying this is the same as the L96 in a different shell. And would take the APS2 parts as well.

I think it is the same, and as far as I remember both that and the L96 are APS2 compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Thanks for the Info guys

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Kurbinator

I second that lots of good info here

• Advertisement
Advertisement