Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Medal Insurance

• 16-10-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wanted to get some advice and I’m not sure if this is the right area to post but if not the Mods can move me on my merry way to somewhere more appropriate.

I’ve got a set of 1916 Easter Rising Medal & 1917-1921 (Black & Tan) Medal, and also the corresponding anniversary medals which were issued 50 years later. They were my Great Uncle’s and they came to me on my Dad’s death 7 years ago who was given them upon my Great Uncle’s death. At the moment I’ve got them in a safe in my house, but if God forbid anything should ever happen to my house or if I was robbed I’d like to know how much I should insure them for. (I know I’d probably never get the actual medals back, but I’d still like to get some idea of what it would cost me to get another set).

I also have the boxes they came in, the ribbons which came with the medals and the badge from his cap that he wore during his military service.

Can anyone give an idea of what I should be looking at insuring them for?

Thanks a million

Advertisement