Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

camcorder...backing tracks....amp recording...help

Options
  • 16-10-2009 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Howdy folks, Hope this be the correct forum for this little predicament. Basically I want to put up a video of me playing along to a backing track. I want the recording quality to be very good. I have a camcorder which I was going to connect up my Sm57 and record the amp but you see the problem...how do I get the backing track in the video also?:o

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 8,124 ✭✭✭fitz

Should be in th main MP forum. This one's for buying/selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Howdy folks, Hope this be the correct forum for this little predicament. Basically I want to put up a video of me playing along to a backing track. I want the recording quality to be very good. I have a camcorder which I was going to connect up my Sm57 and record the amp but you see the problem...how do I get the backing track in the video also?:o

Easiest way would probably to use a DAW (cubase sx, audacity or one of the free ones) and mix the recording of your backing track and guitar together.. then use a video editing tool (maybe windows movie maker) to merge the video of you and the audio tracks together..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Welease cheers mate :) I actually sussed it out. I did lke you said. imported the vid/audio from the camcorder into windows movie maker.
    Whilst recording the video with the camcorder I also had a feed from my amp via SM57 into DAW and mixed t with a backing track with reaper.
    I then had probs sysncing the audio and video together in Wndows Movie Maker as I coldn't see the audio waveform to match it up with the audio from the vid. For some reason it wouldn't work wit the .wav file. When I converted to mp3 all ws ok and I could match them easily then muted the audio from te camcorder.

Very happy with the result

Advertisement