Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Project LC 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Have it designed and know where I am going put the moters but dont have a clue where im going to run the wires. Im thinking of just waiting until I have it built and then figure out the wiring. What are ye going to make it out of ? Im thinking of steel.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

jigsaw 1 wrote: »
    Have it designed and know where I am going put the moters but dont have a clue where im going to run the wires. Im thinking of just waiting until I have it built and then figure out the wiring. What are ye going to make it out of ? Im thinking of steel.

Ya im thinking of steel.........Just wondering would the welder blow a hole in it though cause the pieces are so small......
    How are you goin to mount your motors??

• Registered Users Posts: 43 villian02

Just make sure that you mount motors neatly, because this is one of the main ways students loose marks. The welder power can be turned down to stop you blowing holes in the steel. Mig welding would probably be the best way, but it could be done with an arc welder. The weld can be ground down anyway.

villian02 wrote: »
    Just make sure that you mount motors neatly, because this is one of the main ways students loose marks. The welder power can be turned down to stop you blowing holes in the steel. Mig welding would probably be the best way, but it could be done with an arc welder. The weld can be ground down anyway.

Yes I think I will go with the Mig welder....probably the neatest option...Thanks for the help!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 st3mc92

can anyone scan dere ideas into there computer and put it on dis site. tryin to find some ideas

• Advertisement

st3mc92 wrote: »
    can anyone scan dere ideas into there computer and put it on dis site. tryin to find some ideas

I second that.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 st3mc92

is anyone lost like me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 LANCER96

does it have to spin around or do we just put a steering mechanise on the wheels

it can extend but CANNOT go over 300x300x300:cool:

i couldnt tell ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 wheres wally

villian02 wrote: »
    Havent got a wiring diagram yet but im sure they'll not start appearing until people have the projects well underway.
    Up and down will be a DPDT switch with a geared motor.
    Traversing will be another DPDT switch with two micro switches at both ends as limit switches to stop the trolley moving too far.

ya but how are ya gone to move the traverse left and right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 wats up doc

LANCER96 wrote: »
    i couldnt tell ya

hah u must hav no friends ur responing to ur own messages

i couldnt tell ya

ill buy that lancer of ya for three grand if ya get it tested

jigsaw 1 wrote: »

are putting the motors on the trolley or leaving them stationary at the base

ya but how are ya gone to move the traverse left and right

give it a kick

ill buy that lancer of ya for three grand if ya get it tested

sounds like a plan

lalee17 wrote: »
    Our teacher was very pleased with it. Apparently it's a great project to do, unlike last year's toy. :D

but there isnt a lot of movement of indivuality move people will follow the same kind of ideas

sounds like a plan

but ya have a lot of work to do on it it has to be pushed down the hill to start it doesnt it

wat mechanise ar ye usein for movin the trolly unit over and back

was thinkin of use of usein a rack and pinone

Size limit is 350 x 350 x 350.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 LCblogger

A pretty decent project. Not very difficult to be honest. Check out my blog on the engineering project here to see what i think <snip- see my post below>

• Advertisement

Fair play on the blog LC. I'll be keep an eye on how it progresses. What you said is very true because there are plenty of ways and mechanisms available to do what you need to fulfil the brief.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

I would have but unfortunately i did not have enough posts to create a signature. How many do i need? Im not trying to pimp out my blog either just want people to see what i think. :D:D

Cheers i will.. :D:D

eVeNtInE wrote: »

Jees, mind would you actually encourage a Leaving cert student. No need for the banning threat. You could have edited the post and been a bit more subtle about it. Poor form.

Well im just working on my design now. It looks pretty nice and simple. Hardest thing will be wiring i think as everything has to run off one battery. I will upload the plans on to my blog when im done just so you can get a look or some inspiration.. :D:D

i couldnt tell ya

one thing i can tell u is hahaha big 18 wid aisling..!!b'day kiss 4 er ..:D
    u'll ave sum nyt tat nyt..!!yr n der wi ash!

ull need ur gantry crane to walk next morning

• Advertisement

Well i finished my design and its uploaded on to my blog if you wanna check it out. :D:D Comment with your opinions and link your own designs if you have em to get some inspiration going.

Advertisement