Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Project LC 2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

hi
    is this your finished project

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

Started on my project friday. Anyone else start??:cool:

Geard wrote: »
    Started on my project friday. Anyone else start??:cool:

Hey man I haven't started yet still working on the designs
    any Ideas for it going side ways

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Started about a week ago. Anyone have much done?

guys
    i need help drawing anyone know how to use google sketch

• Advertisement

I can't really say without seeing your design!! Sorry saa!!!:o

How do I upload designs

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

If anyone wants, I can get my portfolio off my old teacher and scan some of it and upload it to the internet for you to look at? Or I might even have it saved as a word file somewhere.

would you please upload some of the portfolio if you are able because I havnt a clue what to do for it......Thanks

Da Beirne wrote: »
    Ya i was wondering about this...i have it designed now as just basically a fixed table shape and the trolley unit that picks up the container moves forward and back and side to side within the top of that...should it be like this or the base moving on rails??

Does it have to go forward and mback aswell as move from side to side......I just thought it had to move either or???

It has to move left to right and up and down.

• Advertisement

Geard wrote: »
    It has to move left to right and up and down.

Yes but why are people saying there moving there left and right as well as back and forward??

Because they don't know what they're talking about.:)

Can someone please upload a portfolio so that I can get some sortof idea on what to put in mine....Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Hey, im not doing the leaving, im in college doing an engineering course. I am doing a project on making a model watermill. Watermill's were used to grind corn and were located on rivers. The river turns the wheel which drives all the gears. Im hoping to make a working model that will run a dynamo to light up some LED's. I know this is a thread about leaving cert but it was the most relative thread I could find. Anyway ye all seem to have good ideas on the leaving cert, i was just wondering does anyone have any advise or knowledge in the area of building a model mill. All feedback would be much appreciated.
    Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

PM me your email and I can send you my protfolio from last year. I found it.

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 0987654321

PM sent.

PM sent

did anyone recieve the portfolio:confused:

I recieved the portfolio there........Thanks VERY much........Nice job you did on it too!!:):):)
    Just wondering do you have to include how you made the project in the brief???
    Thanks!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 bobsy

Thanks for the portfolio.It looks good.

didn't receive my one yet....:(

Thanks a million hey!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 0987654321

got the portfolio. thanks. happy out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Baz vzr

Can someone please send me one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Didn't expect the level of demand I got. Mus thave gotten 10+ Pm's. Easier to just host it. Hope it helps you out :)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0dzzdnkh0xa/Leaving%20Certificate%20Engineering%202009.docx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Baz vzr

Thanks very much:D

has any one any pictures of how your projects are going??

What grade do ya's think ya's will all get in enginneering overall???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 csabaveres

villian02 wrote: »
    Well in honesty, if you can justify allowing the gantry to move then it could be acceptable. Fixed gantry cranes and moveable gantry cranes aren't that easily defined. One might say that a fixed gantry crane is fully fixed to the ground, but the brief does state that ''the trolley unit will in turn traverse the working area''.

In my opinion the working area of a gantry crane would be the whole deck of the ship it is removing and loading containers from. This would seem to suggest that a fixed gantry crane can move parallel to the ship as well as having the trolley traversing in a perpendicular direction.
    This in my opinion is a 'fixed' type gantry crane.

The gantry crane is a hoisting unit mounted on a gantry (any frame or structure spanning or bridging an intervening space). Gantries may be arched, bridged, full, or half. The unit shown m figure 13-23 is an adaptation of the overhead type of crane applied to outdoor service where no permanent elevated structure exists on which to install a crane. The crane bridge is mounted on trestles having legs which are generally constructed with wheel trucks for operating on tracks. Such cranes are referred to as portable gantry cranes. If the trestles rest directly on the ground or footings, the term “fixed gantry crane” is applied. This type of crane is built especially for particular locations. It has been constructed with a span of 200 or more feet. The gantry may have a trolley running on the bridge carrying a hoist. This is the most common form and is what is meant by gantry crane. However, the gantry may have a stiff-legged derrick, a rotating pillar, a job crane, or a hammerhead crane mounted on its bridge as auxiliary equipment.

i found this on this website: http://images.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=http://www.tpub.com/content/administration/14242/img/14242_219_2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tpub.com/content/administration/14242/css/14242_219.htm&usg=__H20tcec27kpyK7dnugvECtl6-K0=&h=397&w=389&sz=19&hl=en&start=9&um=1&tbnid=r5inxzi-bLVdVM:&tbnh=124&tbnw=122&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dfixed%2Bgantry%2Bstructure%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26sa%3DN%26um%3D1

after reading this i got an answere to my big question, does it move on rails or does it not. and also i was thinking about it recently and i think to make it easier and more doable for us we dont have to make the whole crane go on tracks, thats what i think. hope it helps for some even now.

Advertisement