Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering Project LC 2010

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Sneak

hey wheres wally! shut the f@#k up ya f@g:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Lib23

trepasers wrote: »
    My class is still trying to finish there projects.....not even close:cool: I have mine finished.....I was just wondering will the examiner think I got help with mine as its way above the standard of the others???

Thanks for your feedback. No if yours is above standard that can only further your marks. Put it up lets have a look at it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 GinciuX

Anyone have their brief on pc? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

mines on wheels and just needs the hook put on what you think

http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2184/dsc00525copy.jpg

Kieran bro, the base is meant to be fixed and it seems you have incorporated wheels onto yours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭kieran--f

the teacher said it was ok once i said it in the brief

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I also have wheels on mine I'll try to post the pic ip if not I'll post thr diagram of it on cad Havin wheels does not matter there are fixed gantry crane that has wheels. Look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭UnionOfV

I also have wheels on mine I'll try to post the pic ip if not I'll post thr diagram of it on cad Havin wheels does not matter there are fixed gantry crane that has wheels. Look it up.

Why the wheels then?

For balance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Hang on a second... How is it a fixed gantry if there's wheels on it?

• Advertisement

The wheels do not move.
    It's just there to give it or balance of acts like the base.
    What differnce does it make

Sorry, but it says fixed gantry crane that simply means base does not move. How simple is that to understand? I dont know whether stating it on the portfolio will help as the brief is the one which states the fixed nature of the base. Goodluck anyway.

Yeah... I would have thought the word "fixed" implies that it should be fixed to a base e.g. a sheet of timber.

Mine has a fixed base.
    I attached wheels to it bcuz I had no time to countersunk it.

I will try and get a pic of mine up tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KeithOD1

What did ye think of the Day piece?it was that hard compared with other years...

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

KeithOD1 wrote: »
    What did ye think of the Day piece?it was that hard compared with other years...

what did you have to make???

KeithOD1 wrote: »

DUDE!! What did you have to make? A scan of the working drawings would be VERY helpful ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 buicuz

what was the day test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 KeithOD1

They took the drawings off us..you cut teeth kinda things in the end of the plastic,and in the brass.the midddle of the brass is rounded and basically when u turn the Al piece the teeth move past each other..The steel just holds the brass in..
    Even all the pass lads got it finished on time.

Mine has a fixed base.
    I attached wheels to it bcuz I had no time to countersunk it.

I will try and get a pic of mine up tomorrow.

If you attached wheels onto it then yours does not have a fixed base? :confused:

• Advertisement

I didn't countersunk the screws.

heres what my project looks like on CAD..

the image isnt completed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭trepasers

Just wondering how much pages you would need in the portfolio to get a decent grade ??.....and did anyone get any info off there teacher regarding question 1 b on the paper (accelerometer) or do we have to research it ourselves ??

I have about 40 pages not including the work drawings..... My teacher gave us stuff to put on our memory stick and he got pages of info about the accelerometer when he was at 1 of those teacher conferinces before christmas....

Geard wrote: »
    I have about 40 pages not including the work drawings..... My teacher gave us stuff to put on our memory stick and he got pages of info about the accelerometer when he was at 1 of those teacher conferinces before christmas....

What's accelorometer. Are y'all talkin about potentiometer.

Ur pullin my leg..... The Q1 part B Special Topic :
    Basic principles of operation and applications of the accelerometer.

Geard wrote: »

Ur pullin my leg..... The Q1 part B Special Topic :
    Basic principles of operation and applications of the accelerometer.

What you on about. Exam papers??
    And did I tell you guys this is my first yr doing engineering. Funny this is this will be my last.

What you on about. Exam papers??
    And did I tell you guys this is my first yr doing engineering. Funny this is this will be my last.
    No. A potentiometer is a twistable knob control, like those used on guitars for volume control, or on most pc speakers.

An accelerometer accurately measures forces of acceleration (N.B. this is NOT speed).

Accelerometers are the special topic for the 2010 written exam. Don't know where you got pot.s from.

No. A potentiometer is a twistable knob control, like those used on guitars for volume control, or on most pc speakers.

An accelerometer accurately measures forces of acceleration (N.B. this is NOT speed).

Accelerometers are the special topic for the 2010 written exam. Don't know where you got pot.s from.

Oh.
    I got pontientiometer from the projects. It's used to increase or decrease speed. I am doing que 2 4 6 & 8.

Oh.
    I got pontientiometer from the projects. It's used to increase or decrease speed. I am doing que 2 4 6 & 8.

I'm not certain on this one, but I believe Q1 is compulsory.

• Advertisement

Yea que 1 as well
    wat comes up in que 1. Have been tryin to narrow it down as to what will come up.
    Factor of safety
    PVC's
    etc.
    Anything else.?!!

Advertisement