Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien vs. Predator 3 - Alien Reveal Trailer

Options
  • 16-10-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

Finally the Alien trailer has been released! Xenomorph fans will be impressed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I've been waiting for this for what, ten years give or take?

Everything I've seen so far has looked great, but I'm really trying hard to not get my hopes up.

And yeah, xenomorph fan here. CAn't wait for the online play, me has a feeling marines are going to predominate like last time. Commence slaughter!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dunder Mifflin

Seriously can't wait for this. Gonna be awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

There's something wrong with that video... wrong aspect ratio and I see 2 YoutubeHD logos, did someone record it off their screen and upload it again? lol
    http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/1549/screenshotpg.png

Ahh, here ya go:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Looks brilliant :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It's looking rather cool. The Aliens are way cooler than the others!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

I really loved the previous 2 games so I think I may have found the reason to beef up my rig....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Cant wait for this, i have my heart set on some awsome chest busting multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

I still have AVP 2 here. Class game. First aliens game I played was Alien Ressurection on PSOne. Remember me and my college flatmate playing it on a (then huge) 32" TV and scareing the sheet out of ourselves.
    Nothing like the sound of that motion tracker beeping faster! :eek:

This new game looks good. Cant wait

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well apart from some moments in the trailers that look suspiciously like Quick Time Events, I have been impressed with the visuals of the game. Time will tell whether it actually plays any good. I'll be most curious about the multiplayer because by god I had some fun times with AvP2 multiplayer

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

marine = easy
    Predator=medium
    Alien= in ****ing sanely hard

I actually like the unbalanced nature of the 1st 2, with todays tech if they keep that kind of unbalancing this could be one of the best games ever.

Mulitplayer with say 10 people 7 marines 2 preds and 1 alien but with the alien getting respawns could be a bit of fun.

rebellion havent been great over the years so this could end badly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm calling it right now:
    • The 3 SP campaigns will total about 6 hours gameplay, or otherwise be considered "forgettable"
    • There will be Quick Time Events & unavoidable
    • Multiplayer will be unbalanced and / or the maps rubbish
    • There'll be some half-assed attempt at DLC
    • The PC port will suck monkey balls

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

yeah waitin aages for this. literally. good ole Giger anyone remember Darkseed! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Star Bingo wrote: »
    yeah waitin aages for this. literally. good ole Giger anyone remember Darkseed! ?

Best. Game. Ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭Star Bingo

yeah some old point n click classicism i miss that stuff :D n Waxworks! u know i need proper 18+ tagged stuff, games lately r way timid. blame australia?! fluffy pups for censoring games.

this i hope Sega don't botch, don't really trust em. the Predator looks :cool: too.. but not the human :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I hope they put the game mode in were you start of as a facehugger and then molt depending on what you pounced, And you can even become the queen after a certain amount of kills.

Hmmm, the latest EuroGamer preview isn't exactly what you would call "stellar" in its praises:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/aliens-vs-predator-hands-on

It seems the balance is way off, though it seems that multiplayer is more geared towards the "Infestation" and "Predator hunt" modes, which do sound lots of fun...

"In the former, a variation of Last Man Standing. all but one player starts as a Marine, with the other starting as a solitary Alien. Every Marine killed then comes back as an Alien, and since they get infinite respawns, the tide of Xenomorphic death can't be stopped - only delayed until you go down in a blaze of glory assisted by a last-minute weapons drop.
    'Aliens vs. Predator' Screenshot 2

In Predator Hunt - and you need no further indication of how overpowered the Predator is than this - there is only ever one Predator, with the rest of the match taking the role of Marines. Whoever manages to kill the Predator becomes it, and the goal is to secure the most kills as the Predator for the glory of the hunt.
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 83,307 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

*looks at hardware*

*Looks at wallet*

Im gonna wait this one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

pixelburp wrote: »
    Hmmm, the latest EuroGamer preview isn't exactly what you would call "stellar" in its praises:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/aliens-vs-predator-hands-on

It seems the balance is way off, though it seems that multiplayer is more geared towards the "Infestation" and "Predator hunt" modes, which do sound lots of fun...

"In the former, a variation of Last Man Standing. all but one player starts as a Marine, with the other starting as a solitary Alien. Every Marine killed then comes back as an Alien, and since they get infinite respawns, the tide of Xenomorphic death can't be stopped - only delayed until you go down in a blaze of glory assisted by a last-minute weapons drop.
    'Aliens vs. Predator' Screenshot 2

In Predator Hunt - and you need no further indication of how overpowered the Predator is than this - there is only ever one Predator, with the rest of the match taking the role of Marines. Whoever manages to kill the Predator becomes it, and the goal is to secure the most kills as the Predator for the glory of the hunt.
    "

I think that sounds pretty cool, I'm sick of traditional game modes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I like the way they describe the balance issues. A predator should always be better then a single Xenomorph or Marine (unless the marine is Austrian or Danny Glover). I much prefer the idea of everyone being a marine at the start, bar the 1 Predator or Alien. Granted, if the Alien or Predator player sucks, then the games could be pretty ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The North America special edition includes a replica face hugger.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61724

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

0ubliette wrote: »

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

i cant wait for this game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

The MP was definitely unbalanced when I played it, but it really depended on who you asked as to which one was best.

I tore up the place as the Marine, and sucked when I got to play as the Alien.

Fun though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ok... let me get the timeline right? When is this set?

They have Lance Henriksen (Bishop from Aliens) doing the voice of a Charles Bishop Weyland (the character he played in AVP), how is he still alive? This looks like it is a fair bit into the future? Is he a clone now?

I presume he's the descendant of the guy from AvP the movie (*shudder* wish we could forget that rubbish. Doubly so the sequel)?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Ok... let me get the timeline right? When is this set?

They have Lance Henriksen (Bishop from Aliens) doing the voice of a Charles Bishop Weyland (the character he played in AVP), how is he still alive? This looks like it is a fair bit into the future? Is he a clone now?

Bishop was a synthetic robot, him being cut in half was a bit of a giveaway.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Bishop was a synthetic robot, him being cut in half was a bit of a giveaway.

Yeah I know that :rolleyes: which is why I asked is the Bishop in the new game a clone also... synthethic robot.. whatever... a duplicate :pac: Glad they got him to do the voice though, makes it feel more in canon (even if it isn't)

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yeah I know that :rolleyes: which is why I asked is the Bishop in the new game a clone also... synthethic robot.. whatever... a duplicate :pac: Glad they got him to do the voice though, makes it feel more in canon (even if it isn't)

he was a clone in the movie :D

bishop-aliens_l1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I think that Modern Warfare 2 were trying to destroy the competition by putting sentry guns and the motion tracker into their game, But AVP3 still looks delightful, Which side will you choose?

• Advertisement

dreamers75 wrote: »
    he was a clone in the movie :D

:rolleyes: yeah I said I know that, I've seen Aliens. But he is a clone of a real human, the human in AVP. I'm just wondering what Bishop has to do with the new game. Where does he tie into it?

Advertisement