Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien vs. Predator 3 - Alien Reveal Trailer

Options
1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

So, there's no recoil on the weapons and you have to endure lengthy death animations that leave you very exposed to being killed yourself?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Anyone who ordered from Play.com still waiting for the game to arrive? . . . :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Anyone who ordered from Play.com still waiting for the game to arrive? . . . :(

Yup got mine this morning. I lives in Dublin.

Probably expect it tomorrow.

Completed Alien story. Didnt realize there was no auto save. So have to do it over.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

Fnz wrote: »
    So, there's no recoil on the weapons and you have to endure lengthy death animations that leave you very exposed to being killed yourself?

There's recoil on the pulse rifle anyway. The death animations are when you choose to do trophy insta-kills, it leaves you exposed the same way as Gears chainsaw kill does.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So far i'm enjoying it, playing a bit of each campaign, the alien is winning for me at the minute but only done one predator mission and the marine one up to the point where im dragged under the grate,

Anyone up for some MP tonight on Xbox for an hour or 2 at say 8pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

God the multiplayer in this is just...fan-****ing-tastic :D
    Such a ncie change from all the cod clones and modern war OOH-RAH bull****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Just to dredge up this thread for a second, the game has already dropped in price on Steam (albeit temporarily):

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10680/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Still stupidly over priced. If your gonna buy it get a relitive in the UK gift it to u on steam.

£16 < €33

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Playing through Marine on PC on Normal at the moment, aliens surrounded me a few times but managing to take out a queen in the first hour or so makes them seem very tame really, and what's the story with them coming at you one at a time and trying to spit acid on you when you have the rifle? Might as well send kittens to throw balls of yarn, time to turn up the difficulty!
    Game looks great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Yeah but the game has a longevity of about a week.. they screwed up what couldve been a great game, instead they made a dumb kiddie console shooter.. you maniacs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

BopNiblets wrote: »
    t managing to take out a queen in the first hour or so

wat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Regarding the Queen BopNiblets mentioned:
    you kill an immobile one in an early level. You never fight one aside from that, which I was disappointed about

I played on Hard, the Aliens can be pretty overwhelming then (particularly towards the end of the game). Only beat the Marine and Alien campaigns so far; the Alien one was more fun, but too short. I started the Predator one, but RE5 DLC and FFXIII kinda distracted me! I'll get back to it at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Really enjoyed all 3 campaigns I have to say.

There was a definite sense of panic when playing as the Marine. I'm glad the scope on the rifle that could detect the Aliens had such a narrow viewing range, which meant you rarely used it. Also, that the smart gun was used very sparingly, limited you to only carrying it alone and slowed you down. Being able to easily carry that weapon around would of ruined the game imo.

On a few occasions, when I'd hear something in the darkness ahead of me, I'd pop a flare only to see the shadow of an Alien cast on the ceiling there was a real sense "sh!t sh!t sh!t run away!!!" The crappy consolitis on the controls and mouse lag actually added to the tension. The game was better for it though.

Much like in Dead Space, the lag on the controls meant you needed space and time to move and aim. It forced you to run away when a quick enemy approached you.

Both the Alien and Predator missions had lacklustre endings tbh. Although I enjoyed playing as both. Being able to hop between species at the end of each mission was a nice touch.

The kill animations as the predator never got old. A few of them really are OTT gory (especially the one where he examines the guys head and spine as a trophy) I'm just glad there wasn't one where you got to watch the predator skin a human :pac:

I also really enjoyed breaking lights, lurring humans then taking them out 1 by 1 as the Alien. It was a change of pace to playing as both the humans and the predators.

I'd recommend not playing through each species missions back to back but alternating between them. Whereas a generic FPS will add variety by including a few vehicle stages, the variety in this game comes from the different playstyles of the different species.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

big fan of the original game way back when. A copy of this for Xbox just arrived on my desk this morning so I'll hopefully get to give it a bash this evening and chime back with some opinions.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

djkeogh wrote: »
    big fan of the original game way back when. A copy of this for Xbox just arrived on my desk this morning so I'll hopefully get to give it a bash this evening and chime back with some opinions.
    Prepare to be disappointed, if not a bit miffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'm enjoying it so far actually. I've only played the first level of each species so far. Have found the Predator mission to be the hardest so far. Fighting off the aliens with Melee is difficult and hectic. Love playing as the Alien and stalking the marines. Harversting the scientists was a nice tough as well.

Tried to go online with it and i've not been able to join any ranked matches. Even when trying to join unranked games the menu system was horrible. So i can't comment on the online play yet. I'll try it again shortly and see if I have any more luck.

Advertisement