Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien vs. Predator 3 - Alien Reveal Trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

pixelburp wrote: »
    But but but ... what if it's crap? :(

BELIEVE

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

BELIEVE

BELIEVE YOUNG PIXELBURP BELIIIIIEVE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,609 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want this to be so good, I want this to be the console version of the glorious PC games, Rebellion better not make a pigs mickey out of this one, like that dreadful RTS thing they insulted us with.
    *fingers and toes crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Did the same thing myself, very reasonable price to be honest.

Amazon have it for €18 but doesnt come with custum skins, so whats a extra €5.

Plus its still 50% cheaper than Steam for exactly the same package.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I hadn't checked Amazon . . . oh well I'm still happy!

This game uses SteamWorks, so you get to register it on Steam anyway.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Amazon charge shipping though so it works out just under €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Demo is out on steam, psn and xbox live on Thurs!!!!

Woo!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

columok wrote: »
    Demo is out on steam, psn and xbox live on Thurs!!!!

Woo!

Is it a single player or a multiplayer demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

I hadn't checked Amazon . . . oh well I'm still happy!

This game uses SteamWorks, so you get to register it on Steam anyway.:)

Really? Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

According to avpgalaxy.net it's both!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Well I suppose it's a semi-good sign they're demo'ing both the single and multiplayer aspects, they can't be too dismayed with their product.

So while I'm still wearing my sceptic'les, I reserve the right to go "eep!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I preordered mine from Play a while ago too, just under €24 compared to what they were asking for Modern Warfare 2 for a much shorter game, AvP is supposed to be quite long according to one of those dev videos, sweet.

BTW can you add this to Steam if you buy it elsewhere for achievements?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I've been playing AVP2 a lot lately to get hyped up! :D

I just pre-booked my Hunter edition :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

http://kotaku.com/5463286/aliens-vs-predator-multiplayer-demo-for-everybody

demo tomorrow, hmm a demo before release are they confident its good :eek::D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Anyone know what size the demo will come in at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Cant wait, its shame we probably wont get it till Friday though as Steam have scheduled a big down time tomorrow.

"Planned Downtime on Thursday, February 4th
    February 2, 2010, 11:50 am - Valve - General Announcement

Beginning at 6:00 pm Pacific time Thursday February 4th, we will be performing software maintenance on some Steam servers. We expect the resulting downtime to last three hours at most, putting the end of the window at 9:00 pm Pacific time.

Some Steam services will be offline during this time. Affected services will include the Steam Community, in-game matchmaking or lobbies, downloading games from Steam content servers, and making purchases from the Steam store. Games that do not rely on Steam matchmaking services should remain playable.

News updates and any further information will be posted in this space.

We will work to make this downtime as short as possible. Thank you for your patience!"

Cant wait, its shame we probably wont get it till Friday though as Steam have scheduled a big down time tomorrow.

"Planned Downtime on Thursday, February 4th
    February 2, 2010, 11:50 am - Valve - General Announcement

Beginning at 6:00 pm Pacific time Thursday February 4th, we will be performing software maintenance on some Steam servers. We expect the resulting downtime to last three hours at most, putting the end of the window at 9:00 pm Pacific time.

Some Steam services will be offline during this time. Affected services will include the Steam Community, in-game matchmaking or lobbies, downloading games from Steam content servers, and making purchases from the Steam store. Games that do not rely on Steam matchmaking services should remain playable.

News updates and any further information will be posted in this space.

We will work to make this downtime as short as possible. Thank you for your patience!"

Of all the days :(

Burgo wrote: »
    Of all the days :(

Makes me glad ive got my PS3. I swear if that thing YLOD's me i will die inside

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Graphics look terrible, hopefully the gameplay is good. I've a funny feeling we're going to be disappointed though. Too much hype is never a good sign

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Graphics look terrible, hopefully the gameplay is good. I've a funny feeling we're going to be disappointed though. Too much hype is never a good sign

Theres a demo out before the games release.

A very rare thing these days, rebellion have sucked balls for years tho.

Im still optimistic but after BCBFBFBFBFB2 i am wary.

But for 23 quid i will buy it :D

I'll wait for the demo before i consider buying.

Guys never fear, the demo is available right now:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/34200

Goddamnit, just as I was supposed to be going to bed :( I expect full reports from you lot tomorrow morning! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Cheers pixel. I was going to go to bed but I suppose I'll put a pot of coffee on instead :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its there alright, I've it lined up but its but not downloading yet

PogMoThoin wrote: »

Yes, in bizarro world, good graphics are terrible.
    And hype, theres been hardly any :confused: Most people are still thinking this is going to be terrible. I remain cautiously optimistic.

Yes, in bizarro world, good graphics are terrible.
    And hype, theres been hardly any :confused: Most people are still thinking this is going to be terrible. I remain cautiously optimistic.
    Indeed, if anything there has been an aura of negativity and a sense of the inevitable creeping out of gamers' opinions. "Hype" is definitely not a word you could apply to this game. "Dread" might be closer to the mark.

Oh and the graphics look current generation, which I suppose is as good or as bad as you think that is. Me? I'm a bit sick of the plastic-wrapped, harshly lit, chunky-world look that modern games possess, but in this case I think it suits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

god damn it, no sign of demo on psn yet

Advertisement