Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien vs. Predator 3 - Alien Reveal Trailer

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Game Informer: 58%. Think I'll pass on this. I only played the demo twice – not a good sign. Bad Company 2 will be getting all my multiplayer love.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

grizzly wrote: »
    Game Informer: 58%. Think I'll pass on this. I only played the demo twice – not a good sign. Bad Company 2 will be getting all my multiplayer love.

Game Informer suck arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

marko93 wrote: »
    Game Informer suck arse!
    + 1,678,456. I wouldn't wipe my ass with a Game informer review.

+ 1,678,456. I wouldn't wipe my ass with a Game informer review.

This made me laugh, and see this guy knows what he's talking about , so ignore there crap and why not rent it and make your own god damn opinion -_- :L

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

IGN review .... 8.5 for the 360. No PC review up yet from what I can see.

http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/106/1068446p1.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Reviews starting to trickle in including some poor to average ones from some sources I'd trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Yeah 5.5 or something from Gamespot, again for the console versions. But then I see PC Zone UK has given it 82%, which is the first definite PC format review I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Here's a list of reviews from another forum:

Empire Magazine 4/5
    Game Informer 5.75/10
    Game Informer (Aus) 8.7/10
    Gamers.AT 81%
    Seraphic Gaming 8.6/10
    OXM UK 8/10
    IGN UK 8.5/10
    Techdigest.TV 4/5
    PC Zone 82%
    Bit-Tech 7/10
    Polymania 3+/5
    GameReactor 6/10
    Everyeye.it 7.5/10
    Gamez.nl 86/100
    Jeuxactu.com 7/10
    Games.Tiscali 7/10
    Gram.pl 4/6
    GamingXP.com 84%
    Gamespot 5.5/10
    Fz.se 2/5
    Eurogamer.it 7/10
    PC Powerplay 7/10
    PS3bloggen.se 60/100
    OXM AUS 9/10
    Burn360.net 3/5
    Multiplayer.it 7.2/10
    Meristation 7.5/10
    Original Gamer 6.5/10
    PSM3 91%
    OXPM 90%
    OPM 90%
    Electricpig 3/5
    Hardgame 9/10
    Gamervision 7.75/10
    Actiontrip 6.1/10

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

After reading the reviews this is definitely a pass for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Jeez, what an unhelpful list of variable reviews, it looks like the game doesn't know if it's coming or going; between that and the rubbish demo I think I might wait a while & see how this plays out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

Reviews are certainly all over the place. I know eurogamer Italy gave it 7/10.
    Shame it wont live up to how i was hoping it would, but, last year some of my favourite games (Wolfenstein, IL2-Sturmovik and even Call of Juarez: BiB) all got 7's and were pretty harshly criticized. So i know ill still enjoy this, jsut a shame it didnt quite live up to the promise of the early videos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I found a 360 and pc comparison

1265295893967.jpg

But thats nothing till You see the directX 11 shots :D

file.php?id=2819&mode=view
    file.php?id=2818&mode=view
    file.php?id=2817&mode=view
    file.php?id=2816&mode=view
    file.php?id=2815&mode=view
    file.php?id=2829&mode=view
    file.php?id=2832&mode=view

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Should really be different reviews for the PC version compared to the console version as I reckon a lot of the lower reviews are the console version, it just seems to play a lot better on pc even looking at the demo. I wouldnt touch it on a console anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can give this one a miss anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

You HAD to post that screen that said two years old low-end PC didn't you... Now I have to download the demo and see if it runs on my two years old high end (at the time) laptop :mad:

****, that looks amazing. Shame my PC isnt DX11 tho. When i can afford it ill upgrade, for now the 360 version will have to do :( Might try out the PC demo too, see how it runs in DX10

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    I found a 360 and pc comparison

1265295893967.jpg

Okay lets not **** the bed yet people, the folks on avpgalaxy.net have said this is a troll picture and that the images are reversed, i.e. bottom shot is the 360, top shot is the 2yr old PC

Okay lets not **** the bed yet people, the folks on avpgalaxy.net have said this is a troll picture and that the images are reversed, i.e. bottom shot is the 360, top shot is the 2yr old PC

They would say that, I've seen my Son play both 360 and pc versions (2 yr old pc, 2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB ram, 512MB 8800GT) of the demo and there is a vast difference, much better textures and lighting on pc, its like the pics, I've seen it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm a bit torn. I play more console games than PC, so if I want to play the multiplayer without having my ass completely handed to me I might have to opt for the 360/PS3. But then again the single player campaigns are the main thing for me.

Are there many comparison reviews out?

They would say that, I've seen my Son play both 360 and pc versions (2 yr old pc, 2.4Ghz C2D, 4GB ram, 512MB 8800GT) of the demo and there is a vast difference, much better textures and lighting on pc, its like the pics, I've seen it myself

Obviously its better on PC. The point is thats a troll picture, if you look at the top pic, its obviously a pc on low settings, look at the textures on the pulse rifle. The top picture is not how it looks on console. And theyre PC owners too on the avpgalaxy forum saying this is a fraud, not jsut console owners. Hell i just asked someone on rllmuk who jsut got the game if thats how it looked on 360 and they said it isnt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Aliens is currently playing on Film four +1 and they are heavily advertising this game. They just did an ad break there and the whole break was taken up by a trailer for this game, it must of been 5 minutes long.

Have to say, I'm looking forward to it. May even invest in DX11 in the next few months to play this will all the bells and whistles enabled. I love the Alien and Predator universe so even if this game is crap I'll probably enjoy it (the MP was a blast) I've even mildly enjoyed the AvP films :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

I hopes my game arrives tomorrow. Anyone else order from Play?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I've even mildly enjoyed the AvP films :pac:

You sick bastard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Here

Didnt hold much hope for this but it seems a solid game. Have just got me new 5850, so I think Ill give it a try.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Wheres the jaggies? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Not cancelling my order from Play, hope they ship earlier than release date so it arrives on time, I think I got something early before.

It looks great on my PC though, if that console screenshot (how did they take it on Xbox anyway lol?) god help you guys. :p

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Wheres the jaggies? :confused:

Yep, there are no jaggies in the first shot, which you would expect on a pc at low detail. If You look at under the door there are lots in the second. I rest my case

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

BopNiblets wrote: »
    Not cancelling my order from Play, hope they ship earlier than release date so it arrives on time, I think I got something early before.

It looks great on my PC though, if that console screenshot (how did they take it on Xbox anyway lol?) god help you guys. :p

I actually cancelled my pre-order on Monday, on the basis of the terrible demo & suspicious early reviews & comments.

Yep, there are no jaggies in the first shot, which you would expect on a pc at low detail. If You look at under the door there are lots in the second. I rest my case

And i rest my case in having asked several people whove played it on xbox "does it look like this?", to which all have replied "no". But believe whatever you want to believe if it helps you justify the price tag of your pc
    (and yes, i own a gaming pc too, but i dont constantly feelt he need to justify my purchase by constantly slagging off console versions)

• Advertisement

1 More Day :D

Am i the only boardsie still exctited :L

Advertisement