Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foil Insulation for underfloor of a wood cabin?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Where can I buy Foil insulation - it is thin sheets to go under floorboards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Sonna wrote: »

B&Q. They have a sale on the stuff now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

The stuff that comes on a role with bubble film sandwitched beween foil?

Amost any Buliders merchants.

But not what I'd use ;)

Edit> but do you mean solid sheets that are foil backed? Again any builders merchants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Sonna

Thanks very much for the B&Q information -I couldn't see it on their (UK) website and was not sure where to try.

I need something to go under floor boards in a hurry as the cabin builders are doing the floor tomorrow - (long story as to why we were not ready for their arrival)
    This foil sheets is somthing they use - the cabin is not on grass but a kind of strip/slab foundation. Whatever I use it needs to be easy to use and probably non itchy - and a bit makeshift really - any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Don't use it, it does not work.
    at best, all that these foil insulations can be called are insulated vapour barriers - if taped up correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Thanks very much for the B&Q information -I couldn't see it on their (UK) website and was not sure where to try.

I need something to go under floor boards in a hurry as the cabin builders are doing the floor tomorrow - (long story as to why we were not ready for their arrival)
    This foil sheets is somthing they use - the cabin is not on grass but a kind of strip/slab foundation. Whatever I use it needs to be easy to use and probably non itchy - and a bit makeshift really - any other suggestions?

seen it on sunday in Naas. Buy one roll , ger one free. Home base are doing the same i think.

Batten the floor and insulate between the battens. then ply over. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I used 100mm polystyrene sheets cut to fit tightly between the floor beams. Not really something for a quick job though.

Advertisement