Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you dieting but ever in the mood for kebab? do it diy and lower in calories!

Options
  • 16-10-2009 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

lately, ive began to replace good (ish) foods with bad foods....

e.g. when i want something sweet ill have a low sugar and fat yoghurt...

and when im craving a chipper/kebab i make this:

Ingredients:
    pitta breads (lower in sugar and calories than wraps can you believe, if my calculations are correct)
    beef/turkey kebab meat
    1 onion
    head of lettuce
    low fat Philadelphia/ low fat mayonnaise
    tomato - optional

i buy all from Lidl - the turkey/beef kebab meat is frozen - all you have to do is heat it on a wok/pan for 5 mins. meanwhile toast your pitta bread and fill it with the desired ingredients. then simply fill up the rest with the meat! and there you have it - a home made kebab.

the frozen meat, i know, probably isnt the best quality, but im sure chipper meat is the same.

I havent tried the beef meat, but the turkey one has a nice taste.

Let me know if you have any additional ingredients to add to it :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Sounds good, how about adding a spicy tomato salsa?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭aloevera

ooh could be done. personally im not mad on anything spicy / mad hot, but id certainly give it a try ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I know you said you don't like spicy thiings but that Reggae Reggae sauce might work well with it.

Advertisement