Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Geography vs Home EC for repeat

Options
  • 16-10-2009 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭

with the same amount of work put into each, which would get better grades?

so far i missed nothing in home ec because their only doing assingements,
    i think ive missed a fair bit of geography but i suppose i could catch up...

Never did any of them before

any help, thanks....

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 116 ✭✭elmoslattery

it depends what you think you.d be better suited to...

in my opinion geograph is a piece of piss so i would do that....then again ive never done home economics

• Registered Users Posts: 7,937 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

home ec then. i know a few people that took it up for repeating and did it themselves because it wasn't taught in our school, and they did pretty well. both got b's, so if you have a teacher, then should be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 yellowbutterfly

Always home ec specially if you havn't missed anything. Nice overlap with biology if your doing that. If you do study home ec don't get put off by the second chapter. Long and awful, but I promise it gets better! SOcial studies is grand. My mom's a home ec teacher though so I guess i'm biased!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

kevogy wrote: »
    with the same amount of work put into each, which would get better grades?

so far i missed nothing in home ec because their only doing assingements,
    i think ive missed a fair bit of geography but i suppose i could catch up...

Never did any of them before

any help, thanks....

I only do Geog but Id say its a great subject to repeat as theres a project worth 25% and its just going on a field trip and writing up a report. Then the course is quite short and theres alot of marks going easily (part As of long qs are worth 20m and just reading from graphs, really simple etc). Marks are generally going for cheap, eg. examples count as srps(significant relevant points) = marks

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭christina_x

did both... only do home ec if you have a good teacher, who will explain the marking scheme...knowing how to work out the markin scheme is essential (i found) in home ec..
    geog is grand... bit boring i found but its ok.. just have a case study for each region and you should be grand. just learn basics and then know your case studies... good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

if you're good at estimating statistics on the spot and have a good idea of place names and population geography's the easiest A1 ever.

Advertisement