Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend "Chinese" food

Options
  • 16-10-2009 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭

Looking at getting something different but tasty from a Chinese take away.

Nothing too "chinesey". Something with an Irish flip to it. Like chicken balls or shredded chicken or chicken spring rolls.

Anything come to mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

spare ribs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

spare ribs?

Yea Spare Ribs are good good.

Anything else?

I was thinking of something like Orange Chicken. But Orange Chicken you get in America. When you order it here it's completely different. Just chicken balls with a really sweet orange sauce at the side.

If anybody knows the Orange Chicken I'm talking about can they tell me of something similar our Chinese take aways would have?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Perhaps you might like to try Lemon Chicken?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

How about a bag of chips?

With sauce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭NickNolte

Most things on Chinese takeaway menus in Ireland aren't very Chinese anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Pork Yuk Sung (Sometimes called Meat Sung) is delish. It's shredded pork in a lettuce leaf.
    Aromatic Duck is another of my faves. Crispy shredded duck in a pancake with Hoisin (a sort of plum sauce) and vegetables. Usually spring onions, carrots and cucumber cut into strips.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

WindSock wrote: »
    Aromatic Duck is another of my faves. Crispy shredded duck in a pancake with Hoisin (a sort of plum sauce) and vegetables. Usually spring onions, carrots and cucumber cut into strips.

+1 for Aromatic Duck

Lovely Stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Blonde27

You could go for a Black Pepper sauce, I used to work in a Chinese and we use to serve the Black Pepper Sauce with Steak, yummmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

I like to swap between Chop Suey & Chow Mein. (when I can;t decide what I'd really like).

Another huge thumbs up for Yuk Sung here too, YUM!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

a long tray after 8 pints , bate that for chirish

• Advertisement
Advertisement