Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visafirst / migration abroad

Options
  • 16-10-2009 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi just wondering does anybody have any experience dealing with visafirst / migration abroad, my fiance and I are applying for residency for ourselves and our son and we seem to be making no progress in spite of paying 4500 euro.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

kkmick wrote: »
    Hi just wondering does anybody have any experience dealing with visafirst / migration abroad, my fiance and I are applying for residency for ourselves and our son and we seem to be making no progress in spite of paying 4500 euro.

Mate I applied in 30 Aug 2007 I heard nothing at all till about 10-04-08 asking for more stuff that was 8 months of sitting on my hands.

We where issued a VISA in August 2008.

I believe the process takes longer now.

Hang in there the wait is a killer....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Visa First are more hassle than they are worth in my opinion, but you've paid them the money now. Australia is providing priority processing for skilled migrants in certain occupations and to work in certain areas but I wouldn't expect a visa with 18 months if you are not receiving priority processing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

Not sure if Visa First are to blame....

Depending on your circumstances will determine witch pile your application is in!!

ballooba mentioned 18 months but there is also a pile which looks like it could take 3 years

Check out this thread

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=632120

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:mad:Visa first dont use

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

Thanks for all your responses, I understand the delays, just hope it all works out now.
    Johnjo, what are your reasons for saying to advoid visafirst?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,865 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i think hes referring to the WHV people who went through them.
    you can go to the oz govt website and apply yourself, pay 200 euro and hear back in a few days.
    visa first charge about 700 or 800 to basically go to the website and fill in that same form for you. it also takes twice as long coz you've to wait on the oz govt, then visafirst to get back to you.

btw, if i was you, i'd do some night courses or try get another little qualification under ur belt while you're waiting. you may as well since its gonna take a year before you can go!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kkmick

thanks b man, i'm actually just after applying to do my truck driving licence test now as another option but as we're going for a state sponsored resident visa with me as a carpenter if we do get it i'll have to work as a carpenter at least 6 months a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 clarerey83

They are useless and overpriced....I wished I had looked into it a bit more before applying through them. The guy I'm dealing with is really rude and keeps on giving is wrong information. I realise that visas can take a while to process but despite having all the relevant information sent to them the visa application still hasn't been lodged, and I've been dealing with them for 2 months. As it stands I'm going to miss the start date for my new job. They're a joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Hi all ,
    I am in the process of applying for the skills visa state sponsorship ,
    I am useing Visafirst as my agent .
    There is a lot of requirements in this Visa , I can say that i would not of got through it with out visa first as they answer every quiery that i had asked of them in detail . I aslo found them very polite when dealing with them on the phone or by email .
    I look forward to completing the visa process with them .
    This is my opinion of Visa Fist , hope this is of some help .
    TEEPEE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Mod clarerey83: you can send a PM to DeclanClune by following the link, he will help you out. He works there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

In fairness this is a pretty old thread, I am sure the OP is sorted by now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement