Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

decent place to get obscurer 'bits' in Ireland?

• 16-10-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭

Just been in Smyths and spent another wodge of cash on the growing addiction, but I'm running in to problems finding a bricks and mortar retailer here that actually has such 'obscure' things as road base boards, (assuming Lego still make these), the 'spares' bags of bits and pieces and boxes of trees / street furniture and train tracks.

I *had* about £3,000 punts of Lego as a kid (assembled over 5 kids in the family, charity shop raids and a trip to Legoland Windsor when it opened) which I gave away when I 'grew out' of it and now that I've grown back in I need to replace stuff I used to have, like enough road plates to cover a small room, and about 100 trees, bins, tools for minifigs, etc, etc.

Does anywhere do these here any more?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

His names Dave, Tell him I sent you :D

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=STARBUG

*Based in Blanchardstown if you wanna collect rather than post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Right, that site is exceedlingly useful, bookmarked and gonna get used. Not quite what I was wondering though - Lego themselves have/had sets of these things (two road baseplates in a cardboard pack, etc) when I was a kid, its those I want to find if they're still around.

A quick look at the Lego store suggests these ones at least are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Oh sorry, yes they are.
    They have them in a lot of places, I noticed smyths tend to not stock them.

Try toymasters, there very good with their Lego, i know for a fact there in Newbridge as I was there the other day.

If your in toymaster on Jervis street, look for a guy (Spike) with transformer tattoos on each arm, he'll order them for you if needs be :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Right, I'll give the Banba Toymaster (Jervis St.) a go. Was in the Cavan one today*, about 10 sets in in total and mostly Creator/Technic at that. But its a franchise operation so not all are the same!

*as well as Smyths in Blanch, I get around - work out of a van....

Advertisement