Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy cheap GPS maps for Nokia mobiles?

• 16-10-2009 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

I got a Nokia N85 recently and I am currently enjoying their 3 month free GPS map trial. I have had a look at the prices of the maps online and they cost around €60. Anyone know any cheaper downloads?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can get the maps for nothing. Its the gps navigation your paying for. You can still use the maps without navigation. Download what countries you want from Link and use the map loader application.

You can also buy the navigation in certain places, i posted an offer for a 12month subscription for £5 awhile back. Its just a licence code that you enter into the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭looking4advice

know anywhere else where you can get the navigation codes. I need the GPS for driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

12 months for £24.99: link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

there might be pirated ways to get these but obviously cant post links here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

know anywhere else where you can get the navigation codes. I need the GPS for driving.

Then buy it. It's hardly a massive price. Nokia provide a decent GPS service. The price of a few pints is hardly unfair for a years service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 HT5

You should also be able to get a weekly or monthly subscription, so only pay when you need the GPS navigation.

The handy thing about Nokia Maps is that you can always get the updated maps for free.

Advertisement