Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Bolton Wanderers

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Bolton didn't turn up until about the 70th minute in this game. It was an absolute walk in the park up until that point. It was amazing how little they competed for the ball.

Berbatov used the time and space he was given very well imo. He linked up with everybody and was involved in most of our attacks.

Giggs did great when he was in and around the box, really terrorised their defence, although i felt he gave the ball away a bit cheaply on occasion when he came deep. Only a few times though, not a serious problem. And he got us the result in the end by using his head and seeing the game out.

Valencia had a good, busy game and took his goal well. I think having Neville linking up with him helped with his decision making today. He still has a fair way to go.

Anderson did well enough, showed for the ball alot and used it well enough. He had a few stray passes throughout the game but more often he helped us keep possession and build attacks. Towards the end he tired sharply but at least he's lasting for 80 minutes now as opposed to 60 like he used to.

Carrick was anonymous today. He made a few interceptions and clearances towards the end but other than that he did fùck all. With all that space Bolton gave us today he should have been getting on the ball and pinging the passes around but he barely even showed for it.

I thought Rio should have closed down quicker and not let the cross in so easy for the Bolton goal and Evra was totally out-powered at the far post. The back four did alright during the siege towards the end though. I thought VDS was a bit lucky to get the goal ruled out for the foul on him, he should have gone out stronger for the ball imo.

Overall, a good result and a handy work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Headshot wrote: »
    back on top baby

and thats a FACT :D

sorry could not help it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Giggs is looking like he could become the Randy Couture of football (for those of you who know your UFC)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

giggs was outstanding today .berbs and evra were very good and valencia looked more like a united player.owen should have done better with the few chances he got and i think he should start on wednesday it will improve his sharpness .It was good to get VDS back between the sticks and it was a definite free out for bolton disallowed goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Pro. F wrote: »

Bolton didn't turn up until about the 70th minute in this game. It was an absolute walk in the park up until that point. It was amazing how little they competed for the ball.

Bolton were very much in the game and to say they didn't turn up till 20 mins to go is an injustice to them.Uniteds second goal was very much against the run of play too.Bolton were unlucky a few times as were United and were denied a seemingly decent goal for a VDS mistake.Valencia i thought was quite good but made some bad decisions in great postions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Saw today that he doesnt have the fitness or the sharpness he used to, will be fine playing second halves/sub appearances but i dont think he can really play full games anymore :o Fine i know he uses attributes other than speed but in a game live Man United v Pool id much rather go with Rooney and Berbatov for the starting spots anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Liam O wrote: »
    Giggs is looking like he could become the Randy Couture of football (for those of you who know your UFC)

No. Randy Couture is trying to become the Ryan Giggs of the UFC. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

curry-muff wrote: »
    Saw today that he doesnt have the fitness or the sharpness he used to, will be fine playing second halves/sub appearances but i dont think he can really play full games anymore :o Fine i know he uses attributes other than speed but in a game live Man United v Pool id much rather go with Rooney and Berbatov for the starting spots anyway

its very hard for strikers to get that goal scoring sharpness when they're on the bench most of the time

they need a run of the games but of course there's excepts to the rule, ole for one

Michael will score some important goals for us this season, he has already scored the winner against city and im sure plenty more will come

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

d22ontour wrote: »
    Bolton were very much in the game and to say they didn't turn up till 20 mins to go is an injustice to them.Uniteds second goal was very much against the run of play too.Bolton were unlucky a few times as were United and were denied a seemingly decent goal for a VDS mistake.

The amount of time and space they gave United on the ball today was unreal. The number of times United players recieved a long pass without a Bolton player near them today was unreal. I thought Bolton actually used the ball well at stages, especially early in the game, but when they didn't have possession they lacked any sort of fight imo. I know United used the ball well and put some lovely moves together but tbh for most of the game they were pushing against an open door. If we'd been at our sharpest today we could easily have had four or five instead of two.

Bolton could easily have had three goals today instead of one but those three clear chances were all down to United mistakes when you think about it. I'm not saying they didn't play for the first 70 minutes, they did in short patches, but they completely lacked fight and belief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Good to see Neville and Valencia playing well together, Berbatov had some fantastic touches today. The game should have been dead and buried before Bolton got their goal, another below par for Ferdinand, is he carrying an injury?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

The Muppet wrote: »
    Good to see Neville and Valencia playing well together, Berbatov had some fantastic touches today. The game should have been dead and buried before Bolton got their goal, another below par for Ferdinand, is he carrying an injury?

Just the reoccurring back injury, does seem to be troubling him a bit unfortunately :o

Advertisement