Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think women get as much respect as men???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

From what I've noticed, I'd say that women get as much respect from men as they give to themselves. A woman who has a lot of self-respect will most likely get a lot of respect from men. If a woman has very little self-respect then not a lot of guys would have much respect for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Namlub wrote: »
    Womens' periods attract bears, mind...

Whats a 'period'?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Whats a 'period'?
    This is .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

I think us men are just jealous that we don't have something to juggle in front of bouncers to get into clubs.

Mark200 wrote: »
    From what I've noticed, I'd say that women get as much respect from men as they give to themselves. A woman who has a lot of self-respect will most likely get a lot of respect from men. If a woman has very little self-respect then not a lot of guys would have much respect for her.

Our survey says

• Advertisement

wolfric wrote: »
    I think us men are just jealous that we don't have something to juggle in front of bouncers to get into clubs.

Balls

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Like by respect I mean people listen to them and care about their opinions and respect their views on things.
    Men don't even care about each others' opinions and respect other mens' views. We just get drunk and laugh at how stupid women are; not forgetting the irony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I like this guys opinion

`He's not your opinion, Guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

In all seriousness OP; I'm a horrible person. I don't respect anyone, be they man, woman, pig, Lady GaGa... which I suppose renders my opinion invalid.

But I've already written this reply, so I have to commit to it now.
    So Yes, I don't respect anyone.. women scare me more than blokes though. Believe it or not, most lads I know say there's something about me that just stops them from thumping me, a certain charm (seriously!); but girls would/do happily slap/scratch/pinch/thump me.. so I have to pretend to respect girls more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Girls arent as funny as men,ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

Hi, I am a woman and I have always heard women saying that women don't get as much respect as men in life. I kind of believed this for a while, but then I realised that is wasn't really true in my experience. What do you think, are women not given as much respect as men, or are they just over sensitive? :D

Like by respect I mean people listen to them and care about their opinions and respect their views on things.

what do you mean , do i respect you ? , ament i riding you

seriously though , in 21st century western society , women get a whole lot more resepct than men , men are potrayed as idiots in much of the advertising on tv and radio , women have automatic rights when it comes to thier children , the men have to fight tooth and nail , women are given a pass for being bitchy and hostile to men , when the opposite happens , the man is a pig

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I think women respect men more than men do and men respect women more than women do.

Or some equally bland assertion disguised as insight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

irish_bob wrote: »

seriously though , in 21st century western society , women get a whole lot more resepct than men , men are potrayed as idiots in much of the advertising on tv and radio , women have automatic rights when it comes to thier children , the men have to fight tooth and nail , women are given a pass for being bitchy and hostile to men , when the opposite happens , the man is a pig
    This

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

'women are stupid and I don't respect them, that's right, I just have sex with them' - jon lajoie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭jaysusjones

Hi, I am a woman and I have always heard women saying that women don't get as much respect as men in life......

Queue white Noise

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

'women are stupid and I don't respect them, that's right, I just have sex with them' - jon lajoie.

Though I reckon woman get at least as much respect as men in western society

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What's the difference unless you're handcuffed to a headboard?

irish_bob wrote: »

Yes yes and yes. The amount of times i've seen girls throwing a hissy fit and abusing lads and as soon as the lad raises his voice you have people stepping in to protect the woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Poll needs a 'more' option or it's made of fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yes yes and yes. The amount of times i've seen girls throwing a hissy fit and abusing lads and as soon as the lad raises his voice you have people stepping in to protect the woman.

That does happen.

Then again you have plenty of women who go back again and again to B*stards.

I think both sexes are generally treated equally now. If there is any inequality it is down to the individual, not the gender.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Would like to say yes but simply cant men always have and always will command more respect because of their height and physicallity its just human nature :rolleyes:

Even the pros look like all it'd take would be one blow to the head to knock them out cold.

on a serious note though ever seen million dollar baby? don't be fooled...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

No of course not... It's the dress that makes you look fat.

Surely it's the cake and biscuits that makes us look fat?

on a serious note though ever seen million dollar baby? don't be fooled...

Yeah, a stool can kill you and everyone you've ever loved.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Surely it's the cake and biscuits that makes us look fat?

Reminds me of the old adage;

Why do women wear make-up and perfume?
    Because they're ugly and they smell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Depends on what you think of respect as :P

Its to late to educate you on what I mean *yawns*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

Hi, I am a woman and I have always heard women saying that women don't get as much respect as men in life. I kind of believed this for a while, but then I realised that is wasn't really true in my experience. What do you think, are women not given as much respect as men, or are they just over sensitive? :D

tl;dr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

IRON MY SHIRT

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I think women get more respect, Especially from men

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Girls arent as funny as men,ever.

Advertisement