Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you think women get as much respect as men???

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I love been a girl!
    Why, what are you now?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

K4t wrote: »
    Why, what are you now?

A woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

A woman.

do you get more respect as a man or a woman?

settle this debate for once and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

[quote=[Deleted User];62577794]Why? Don't you think that's condescending? I'm interested in computers too, I'm studying them in college as well and I started building websites at 13, so I don't like people assuming I don't know anything. I don't do that to people. It's like saying 'I know all this because I'm clever/it's my interest, but you wouldn't possibly understand.'[/quote]
    Yeah it's a bit condascending, but when 90+% of people you talk to have no clue I'd rather offend the 10% by being condascending than piss off the other 90% and end up not helping them at all.

If I'm talking about computers to someone I know has some knowledge, or if they seem to understand perfectly what i'm talking about once I start I'll stop talking down to them, but that rarely seems to happen.
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭veryangryman

[quote=[Deleted User];62577794]Why? Don't you think that's condescending? I'm interested in computers too, I'm studying them in college as well and I started building websites at 13, so I don't like people assuming I don't know anything. I don't do that to people. It's like saying 'I know all this because I'm clever/it's my interest, but you wouldn't possibly understand.'[/QUOTE]

Building websites? Wow not many 13 year olds can do that.

And no i dont "understand" either :rolleyes:
    Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

My god, women looking for more respect.

You already get cheaper car insurance - is that not enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Where's the "Yes, much more" option?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

It depends in what scenario you mean and with what people ?women to women,men to women,female boss to female employee,male boss to female employee,female boss from male employee etc..... etc......:D so many to say and not enough time. In majority i would say no and been honest don't care :D.I don't associate myself with people who don't show me respect :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Does anyone really care:rolleyes:

Advertisement