Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

finally after years of waiting !

• 16-10-2009 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

yes yes yes its finally here

Pc world have got their irish website up and running after years of waiting - http://www.pcworld.ie/

But there is a problem with it, it redirects you to the UK site when you click a link.... i guess they'll never get there :(

and we are still waiting on curry's :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Finally.......

A link would be handy though, http://www.pcworld.ie/

It only links to the UK site..... Dam you :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

pc world are far too over priced. Not a bad place to window shop though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

wolfric wrote: »
    exactly what i'd do , it'll be nice to see what there charging for what.

the fact that they've actually started may be a sign for a full Irish version coming soon.......say 2020

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jugs

What is the best place to buy stuff then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,087 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

jugs wrote: »
    What is the best place to buy stuff then?

Somewhere that could be arsed to build a proper website for it's Irish customers.

• Advertisement

komplett or dell online (for cheap pcs) or even maplin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I prefered their "Coming soon!" page :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jugs

Thanks for your help wolfric :)

jugs wrote: »
    Thanks for your help wolfric :)
    Now if only i could think of some way someone with the name jugs could repay me.... it's coming to me....it's coming on strong ...hmmm nearly there...oh...yes....YES...i think i've got it!....nope can't think of it...anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

The site is a pure insult :mad: Not even a contact link to post complaint to. Bloody cheek :mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Hasuki

Maplin are outrageously expensive. I seen a 9800gt recently for €280 LOL

Peats are ok at the moment.(on some things at least)

Hasuki wrote: »
    Maplin are outrageously expensive. I seen a 9800gt recently for €280 LOL

Peats are ok at the moment.(on some things at least)
    same with maplin for some things.

For pc accessories go to komplett. For the smaller issues like tools, screws, strap things for wires etc maplin is our place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

In the years you've spent waiting, you should have really just started shopping somewhere online that doesn't totally fleece you...
    Elara, dabs, komplett etc etc...

Just throwing out some of the bigger names, there are loads of sites out there... Check out some of the stickies in the building/upgrading forum for more info on who's worth buying from

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

If I'm ever buying something small keyboard or cheap speakers etc. I would use marx computers or jaguar. Failing those maplins. Komplett would be my most used though. Keep the hell out of pcworld. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

just shows how much PC world give a sh*t about their customers.

Anyway, this does nothing to change the status quo. Komplett, OCuk, HWS, Elara, Dabs, Amazon are then main places for those major buys. Maplin for those little bits it's not worth paying the P&P on. PCworld for laughing your ass off at the fools who pay their prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭....

pc world are still more expensive than all the online places but they are not as bad as they used to be a few years ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

.... wrote: »
    pc world are still more expensive than all the online places but they are not as bad as they used to be a few years ago

that's true to a degree, but any time I've been in there recently (Dublin stores manly) their staff have still been as ignorant as f*ck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

their staff have still been as ignorant as f*ck.

That's mostly company policy tbh

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

So in the time that pcworld.ie has been "Under Construction" NASA and the International Communicty have started to build and have almost finished the International Space Station.

Yet the best PC World can come up with is a bloody redirect to pcworld.co.uk....pathetic!

This is why PC World always has and will continue to be a joke beyond belief....overinflated prices..you bet! :)

Advertisement