Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nottingham Forest V Newcastle United

• 16-10-2009 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

Live on Sky Sports 1.

Kick Off: 5:20pm
    Stream: Will be posted in the appropriate thread if avaiilable.

Team News: There's a fitness concern Steven Taylor (hamstring), but the earlier foot problems affecting Marlon Harewood won't prevent him from featuring in this one.

Jose Enrique (hamstring) should return after missing the Bristol City game, but Fabricio Coloccini (groin) is yet to resume training after sitting out the last two matches.

Joey Barton and Shola Ameobi are both still sidelined, but Jonas Gutierrez and Zurab Khizanishvili both completed 90 minutes for their respective countries on Wednesday, apparently without incident.

Nile Ranger is expected to recover from a virus which kept him out of the England U19 squad.

We can't rely on other teams below us slipping up again. A win is needed having drawn our last match against Bristol City.
    I've a feeling it's going to be a tough game for us. Forest will be looking for a fourth successive win at home.

I don't think it'll be a classic by any means but I think it'll be close.
    Here's hoping for a 1-0 for us.

GWAN THE TOON!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Since Didi Hamann cracked one in at the City Ground 10 years ago, I've been eagerly awaiting the return of this fixture.

For me this is one of the games of the season, cos I fúcking love Forest.

Draw would be good result.

Also if anyone has a link to said goal above, I'd be ever so grateful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

kinaldo wrote: »
    Since Didi Hamann cracked one in at the City Ground 10 years ago, I've been eagerly awaiting the return of this fixture.

For me this is one of the games of the season, cos I fúcking love Forest.

Draw would be good result.

Also if anyone has a link to said goal above, I'd be ever so grateful...

Can't find it mate. And I searched far and wide. Honest I did.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

grenache'll be all over this

Can someone copy and paste the teams for me? For some reason I can't copy and paste anything. Grr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

TEAMS

NFFC: Lee Camp, Wes Morgan, Kelvin Wilson, Paul Anderson, Nathan Tyson, Chris Cohen, Chris Gunter, Paul McKenna (c), Guy Moussi, Dexter Blackstock, Radoslaw Majewski
    Subs: Luke Chambers, Lewis McGugan, Dele Adebola, Garath McCleary, Joe Garner, David McGoldrick, Paul Smith

NUFC: Steve Harper, Ryan Taylor, Danny Simpson, Zurab Khizanishvili, Jose Enrique, Danny Guthrie, Alan Smith (c), Kevin Nolan, Peter Lovenkrands, Andy Carroll, Marlon Harewood
    Subs: Tim Krul, Tamas Kadar, Nicky Butt, Geremi, Ryan Donaldson, Nile Ranger, Jonas Gutierrez

Referee: P Taylor
    Attendance: tbc

• Advertisement

Looks like Simpson will be moved into centre back. We've a strong team out. I'd say it's a 4-4-2 but it could easily change into a 4-3-3 if needed.

Thank fcuk we're not wearing our lemon pie jersey this week.

I think simpson at centre back could be our weak link, id be more confortable with kadar in there....

I think simpson at centre back could be our weak link, id be more confortable with kadar in there....

Totally agree. I know Kadar is only young but I think Simpson might be a little out of his depth in his new position. He might need extra cover at times.

I'm expecting us to be battered by Forest for the first 15 mins.

COME ON YOU TOON!!!!!

• Advertisement

Our fans certainly making their voices heard.

Fcuk. Smudger booked already.

Fcuk me. My heart is racing.

How have Forest not taken the lead yet?

Any touch from Harewood and it's in.

Only a matter of time for Forest it seems. All over us.

FFS. Definitely deserve their lead. We are very very poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Take it out! Thoroughly deserved goal for Forest. The only team that has tried to play football. I've been disappointed with Newcastle, nothing more than long ball merchants for most of the half. We're out passing them and out tackling them all over. The only concern i would have is that Wes Morgan is fouling Taylor a bit too much. More of the same in the second half Mr Davies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Cake Man

Fcuk sake, what a fcuking time to conceed. :mad:

Not playing great at all, long balls everytime, wouldn't mind but Carroll and Harewood are winning the headers but there's nobody there to run onto the flick-ons. Think we'll do well to get a draw now. :(

grenache wrote: »
    Take it out! Thoroughly deserved goal for Forest. The only team that has tried to play football. I've been disappointed with Newcastle, nothing more than long ball merchants for most of the half. We're out passing them and out tackling them all over. The only concern i would have is that Wes Morgan is fouling Taylor a bit too much. More of the same in the second half Mr Davies!

Agree with you totally mate. We're second best in every single department.

Simpson and Kdjidfjdiofjdfjk (whatever his name is) can't cope with Blackstock and co. Very weak defensively.

Harewood seems a bit sluggish but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt seeing as he's not had a lot of matches. Lovenkrands' postitioning at times has been fantastic but he's not getting the service.

We're playing very very narrow. We need Jonas on to run at defenders and create chances. Guthrie has been caught out too many times. Smith's booking has been our downfall. He's been very quiet since and our midfield is being penetrated all to easily.

Fair play to Forest though. Fantastic tactical awareness and their creation has been sensational at times. Should really be 3 up at this stage.

Close by Lovenkrands, shudda hit the target. We're playin a bit better.

• Advertisement

Did i say Morgan is fouling Taylor, ooh dear one Heineken too many! I meant Carroll.

Much better start to the second half from us. Harewood a bit selfish though.

Need to turn this early pressure and dominance into a goal.

COME ON TOON

Newcastle looking lively now. If just get the feeling our old boy Harewood will get on the end of something! We need to get hold of the ball in midfield, McKenna and Majevski need to keep the ball better!

We've done everything but score. He comes Jonas. Come on lads!!!!

Tea break over. I've to go back to work now. That Guy, will you make sure the score stays the same? :D

Ah give us a fcuking break :mad:

In fairness, Forests opener was prob as offside as that

Only just offside.

grenache wrote: »
    Tea break over. I've to go back to work now. That Guy, will you make sure the score stays the same? :D

I promise nothing mate.

• Advertisement

All the Toon fans are very quiet tonight :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

yeah dublin oktoberfest

grrrrrrr

Jonas made a big difference when he came on for us yesterday but his decision making at times was frustrating.

He could have passed the ball to players in better positions but instead decided to blast the ball over the bar.

Forest deserved their win yesterday and they look a very decent team. They should have no problems gaining at least a play off place this year.
    They outplayed us for the entire first half and created chance after chance. They could've easily have won 3 or 4 nil.

We were all over the place in the first half. The absence of Colo and Steven Taylor really showed for us last night. Simpson and that other lad (:o) couldn't handle Blackstock and co.

As an attacking force we were non existant in the first half. Second half was much better and had a goal disallowed for offside. Still a questionable call imo.

Fair play to Forest anyway who played exceptionally well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

I couldn't get to watch the match, but listend to it on the radio, it sounded as though we bossed the first half, playing as well as we have all season, but where under the cosh for most of the second half.

love you Forest!! :D

Advertisement