Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DUNDALK V SLIGO ROVERS

• 16-10-2009 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭

3 players sent off for dundalk its 2-2 mckinley turner and heary all sent off must be some dirty game

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No its fooking NOT !!! The refs a fooking joke !!!! Get your facts straight before you start a thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

DU.LLAHAN wrote: »
    3 players sent off for dundalk its 2-2 mckinley turner and heary all sent off must be some dirty game

Didn't this match kick off at 8?

Yeah At the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Pineapple stu

Dundalk fm saying that the fai dont wont dundalk in the premier next year :D
    I cant see Dundalk winning the fair play award this year :D

two players sent off for handball and one sent off for a reaction.

1 min left extra time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭DU.LLAHAN

Sent off for handball do they know its soccer there playin? where they stopping an attack when they decided to play some GAA?

Sent off for handball do they know its soccer there playin? where they stopping an attack when they decided to play some GAA?

I'm sure they do yes.

I'm frustrated enough without someone comming on here that wasnt even at the game making comments and judgements about it. Go cop yourself on and get back on to your barstool now.

You havent a fooking breeze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

Sarge wrote: »
    The refs a fooking joke !!!! Get your facts straight before you start a thread.

Did you see the decisions? You can't comment then, and neither shall I.

In saying that though, Dundalk's disciplinary record is beyond a joke at this stage.

Did you see the decisions? You can't comment then, and neither shall I.

In saying that though, Dundalk's disciplinary record is beyond a joke at this stage.

Read up mate. He was at the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2 penos in the pats game both sending offs ref gave a yellow each.

Both saved too 1 apeice :D

Dundalk RRS ? 2nd time they have finsihed a game with 8 men and a total of 16 players sent off this season, thats fuciking shocking.

and not forgetting breaking 2 players legs in the same game.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

16 red cards and how many yellows? I remember something like 58 by the last Rovers game which is 8-ish games ago..:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

dfx- wrote: »
    16 red cards and how many yellows? I remember something like 58 by the last Rovers game which is 8-ish games ago..:eek:

**** off, no way in hell any team could get 58 yellows in a 36 game season.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,828 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Their disciplinary records this season has been an absolute joke, the FAI must fine them or something.

I'm frustrated enough without someone comming on here that wasnt even at the game making comments and judgements about it. Go cop yourself on and get back on to your barstool now.
    Your Right i wasnt at the game i just checked aertel and seen 3 players sent off and made a judegment which was wrong according to you and since you are the only one that was at the game that i know off then i must take your word and watch the highlights on MNS. But you can blame me jumping to those conclusions with all lack of discipline that ur team has shown this season
    You havent a fooking breeze.
    Not a clue what this is meant to be i take it as not a clue am i right?:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Its hardly surprising at this stage. During the derby game 2 weeks ago I was talking ot someone at HT and told him all we had to do was wait for Dundalk to have someone sent off, and then go at them....And thats exactly what happened!

I heard a rumour that Connor tried to take the team off the pitch at some point. Only a rumour though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Their disciplinary records this season has been an absolute joke, the FAI must fine them or something.

They will get fined, automatically.

fh041205 wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that Connor tried to take the team off the pitch at some point. Only a rumour though.

It was written in the paper today

It was written in the paper today

Now thats something that deserves a stern fine by the FAI. That kind of carry on would seem to be out of order, although having not seen the red cards yet, I will have to reserve judgement.

I heard also, that Dundalk should really have had a fourth man sent off but the ref bottled it. Craig Sives hit Ross Gaynor in the face, off the ball last night, and only got a yellow!?!?!?!?:mad: Makes you despair really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Nice few suspensions for our visit up there next Friday :) KOH

• Advertisement

Voltwad wrote: »
    Nice few suspensions for our visit up there next Friday :) KOH

They've Bray on Tuesday though. Would the suspensions not apply for that match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,173 ✭✭✭shanec1928

keeper should have being sent off for handling outside the box but the ref decided to give him a free out

fh041205 wrote: »
    They've Bray on Tuesday though. Would the suspensions not apply for that match?
    Was there any straight red?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I always thought that if there were 3 players sent off for a team then the match would be abandoned.....actually only saw it on Aertel (the three sendings off) but instead of making my own thread I used the search function (which seems to be working again - i think)

I've heard the same rumours that the FAI dont want Dundalk in the top division...it seems they really only want Dublin teams.

also heard a rumour that they gave Bohs 10K for some financial problems - but refused Cork City any assistance - again PURE speculation.

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I always thought that if there were 3 players sent off for a team then the match would be abandoned.....actually only saw it on Aertel (the three sendings off) but instead of making my own thread I used the search function (which seems to be working again - i think)

I've heard the same rumours that the FAI dont want Dundalk in the top division...it seems they really only want Dublin teams.

also heard a rumour that they gave Bohs 10K for some financial problems - but refused Cork City any assistance - again PURE speculation.
    And if you believe Bohs fans then the FAI are all Rovers fans hell bent on us winning the league. Speculation of course :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

found an answer to my first part ..... "If this causes the team to have fewer than the required minimum number players (seven), then the match may be abandoned, at the referees discretion"

one more sending off and they would have had a really tough decision for the ref.

as regards the Bohs-FAI bail out .... it was from a fairly reliable source.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

The FAI are all about regionalistation, regardless of a clubs suitability or sustainability.

/me points to the treatment of Cork City and Drogheda United

QED.

As for Bohs, they're doing their best to prevent another Shelbourne-esque situation by advancing monies that are due to the club at a later date, which will backfire, hilariously. :D

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

as regards the Bohs-FAI bail out .... it was from a fairly reliable source.

They gave every PD team 10k in June...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

First one, lovely dive.
    Think the second was a handball on the line, not 100% clear.
    Third was a daft challenge.

Ref seems to have been a joke overall tbph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

amacachi wrote: »
    First one, lovely dive.
    Think the second was a handball on the line, not 100% clear.
    Third was a daft challenge.

Ref seems to have been a joke overall tbph.

Funny I could have sworn I seen McKinleys elbow fly at great speed towards Raff's face

Good you accept the other 2 red cards though

gustavo wrote: »
    Funny I could have sworn I seen McKinleys elbow fly at great speed towards Raff's face

After which he threw the ball at raffs head should have been 4 sending offs if the peno ventre gave away was handball surely the dundalk handball ( not sure who it was) in second half when rovers were goin to cross the ball was a peno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

No its fooking NOT !!! The refs a fooking joke !!!! Get your facts straight before you start a thread.

what about the other 16 odd red cards dundalk picked up this season?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

gustavo wrote: »

See the replay? Looked dramatic at full speed but there was minimal, if any, contact.

And try not to be so condescending, what makes you think I wouldn't accept the other two cars, something in my posting history?

They were all red cards in fairness. Cretaro was hit in the face with an elbow, pretty conclusive. AFAIR McKinlay was shown a straight red for that, as was Turner for the handball.

Btw, anyone who thinks Drogheda were unfairly helped by the FAI is just plain wrong. They tied themselves in that knot. It wasn't a question of favoritism, they simply didn't have a choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Wexler12

Didnt look like Raf was hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

amacachi wrote: »
    See the replay? Looked dramatic at full speed but there was minimal, if any, contact.

And try not to be so condescending, what makes you think I wouldn't accept the other two cars, something in my posting history?
    Even if the contact was minimal the intent was there

Apologies if i came across as condescending

Advertisement