Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Afternoon Show Today (16/10/09)

Options
  • 16-10-2009 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭

Did anyone watch today's show & see the cutest baby anteater??

I was shocked to see a coati (see my avatar for my pic of Clyde one of my coati) There was also a picture earlier in the week of an anteater in the star (I think it was the same owner but not 100% sure)

I immediatly emailed the afternoon show & sent links from Wikipedia showing both coati's & anteaters! They did acknowledge that the animal was indeed a coati.

Then the piece itself shows a tiny baby who looks around 6 months old - the owner has owned her for 3 months so in my opinion she was taken from her mother much too young! Then Diarmuid asked had the owner done much research to which the owner replied no!

In my opinion this shows exotic pet owners in a bad light! I researched for a whole year before I got Bonnie & Clyde & did more than 2 years research before I got Jack my tamarin. I still do research as there are still MANY things I can learn to help my animals live a much better & happier life!

I am shocked that a shop bought in these precious animals & sold them as anteaters! What the heck are these people feeding these precious babies??

As much as I love my exotics I feel there must be some tighter restrictions - how many other animals are being sold under the wrong names? & with little or no dietary info etc.

I hope the owner after his publicity will now do some blooming research! After all that is what RESPONSIBLE pet owners do!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Had a rant on PI about it said pretty much the same as you, these guys did no research and got the critter from his father who owns a certain shop where people have had nothing but problems with.

Aparently this coati likes spag bog.

I was trying to figure out during the interview what in the world was the point of it, what were they hi lighting exactly. They weren't hi lighting how to care for exotics they just seemed to be there was pretty pointless.

Advertisement