Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private forum access.

Options
  • 16-10-2009 9:37pm
    Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

For some strange reason, all of the private forums I had access to pre-adminship (as in, when I was SMod) have disappeared and I cannot access them. All except Spell Czechs. I've no idea what's going on. It doesn't make much sense to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Well, ask yourself, you removed your admin privileges! :D

Can you send me the urls of the forums you should have access to via PM and I'll see what happened? You see the forums in your subbed list right?

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Gordon wrote: »
    Well, ask yourself, you removed your admin privileges! :D

Can you send me the urls of the forums you should have access to via PM and I'll see what happened? You see the forums in your subbed list right?
    I just set my usergroup to Registered User. I don't know why it screwed with some of my access masks and not others.

That bug that got fixed to stop subbed forums showing when you don't have access to them means I can't see them, no. I can look after that side of things myself, though. I think I know the mods for the ones I'm missing.

This is really just by way of information, in case it happens to anyone else. I wonder if it happened to seamus etc.? Maybe it's because I actually totally removed myself from Admin/Mod usergroups?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

That's strange Hulla. It shouldn't have wiped out any explicit access you had to forums. And what's more, I can see a list of forums that you have explicit access to in your user history so you should be able to get into them.

Might be easiest if I PM you the addresses and you can confirm whether you can get in or not and whether those should be all. At that point, I can wipe and polish if necessary or flick it along the food chain.

edit: I've sent that PM. Get back to me at your leisure.

Advertisement