Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Directions around Macroom - Bridge closed next Thursday night

Options
  • 16-10-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

:eek: - ok so I'm out the millstreet road and discovered this evening that the bridge is going to be closed by Masseytown next Thursday from 8pm till Friday early am............how do I get around the town to get to me gaff on the Millstreet road like????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

cjmcork wrote: »
    :eek: - ok so I'm out the millstreet road and discovered this evening that the bridge is going to be closed by Masseytown next Thursday from 8pm till Friday early am............how do I get around the town to get to me gaff on the Millstreet road like????

LOL Am sure they'll have it signposted for you :)

But here you go anyway.... if you live in Macroom you should know this short cut... as you approach Macroom (from Cork) go past the Topaz and the Gougane Barra turn.

After the Gougane Barra turn take the next right (on the bad bend).

Turn right and go over the small bridge.

Take the left on the opposite side of the bridge and then take the next left.

Go past the Bealick Mill and continue on this road until you come to a T junction.

At this T junction you have 2 options - easiest is to take a left which will bring you up past O Riadas. Take a right here and you're sorted. That junction is still going to be open, the bridge will be closed though as you know.

The other option is to take a right at the T junction. If you continue up through Masseytown you'll end up on the Millstreet road. Take a left when you reach it and it will bring you back down in to Macroom.

Hope that helps you.

There is also a short cut via the road out to Gougane Barra which will bring you out on the Killarney side of the town, just out past the recycling centre, handy for the busy Friday afternoons in the summer. PM me if you want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

will it be actually possible to get into town walking?

pe-cze wrote: »
    will it be actually possible to get into town walking?

I reckon they'd have to leave it open for pedestrians. There's not a whole lot of other choice for them really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭pe-cze

Sure they can always swim :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement