Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

want to read a book help me

Options
  • 16-10-2009 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭

want to read a book but dunno what book to get so hoping you guys can help me get a book.... im 17 year old male likes a good funny story likes the Dublin tales like from irish authors loved the ross o carrol kelly books which were great so something along them lines

anyone's idea be great :D

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I think you should try neil gaimens "neverwhere" try something different :).

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭com1

'Superchick' then 'Rock and a Hard Place' Both by Stephen J Martin - highly recommended (the third in the series 'Ride On' not as good as the first 2 but worth a read anyway)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭artielange

The Agnes Browne Trilogy: The Mammy, the Chisellers, the Granny

I enjoyed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

com1 wrote: »
    'Superchick' then 'Rock and a Hard Place' Both by Stephen J Martin - highly recommended (the third in the series 'Ride On' not as good as the first 2 but worth a read anyway)

defo going to pick that up sounds like my kind of book

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭PetrovthePrat

If you like Dublin books James Larkin might appeal to you. "Strumpett City" is about the 1913 lockout,told through the eyes of characters from very different backgrounds. I found it very moving,funny in places and still read it now and again. It's a long read so maybe his short stories might suit better,there's a collection called "The Eagles and Trumpets". Chuck Palhunik (spelling?) is pretty dark but very humourous. He's the man behind "Fight Club". His books "Survivor" and "Choke" made me laugh,but I'm a strange 'un. I could go on and on but I reckon you'll find your own favourites. Keep us informed about what you find,could always use a few suggestions myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

alot of great books need to start get reading
    thanks people :D

Advertisement