Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kids Pics C&C

• 16-10-2009 11:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

Took some pics of the lads today, still got a lotto learn with the lights...

4017948708_25cfdd2718.jpg

4017203765_6b7b78cc77.jpg

4017953748_d3ca9e6d33.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

Oh my God I love them, all the mini Fergus';)

Cant pic a fav I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Great shots,

1. Love it. Great facial expression, and the two teeth make it for me.
    2. Good shot, prefer 1.
    3. Shot seems a little pale to me, but a great shot.

My opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

#1 :: happy smiling little guy - Whats not to love tbh. The contrast imho is a little harsh but ok in isolation from the others of the set. Because of the contrast the detail of the eyes tend to melt away. Perhaps a bit more context in that the crop is quite tight - expand out the subject within the scene. Background not doing much for me - its ok, but more meh-ish in #1 than #2 or #3.

#2 :: Nice overall. The contrast/lighting is more natural imho. Compare the eyes in the one to what I was saying in #1. To me, they are 100 times better in #2. There's something about the crop. I think if I were deliberately cropping into the face in this case i'd have gone lower down the forehead.

#3 :: Good too. Lighting quite even and well disbursed. You might consider reflectors from below to eliminate some of the residue shadow. Nice poses - non symmetrical. I think the crop is somewhat tight again. In particular on the young lady the crop is very tight to the elbow joint which is something to be avoided (cropping at any joint). The adjustment might only be small but it can make such a difference.

In general from the light setup i'm guessing - the catchlights are on the double. Just a thought but is this natural? Catchlights are great and give life to the eyes / this is what we expect when we look at portraits but imho it would look better just as a single catchlight.

The above observations are on a non calibrated display.

Advertisement