Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CHEAP FLIGHTS TO VEGAS

• 16-10-2009 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

EBOOKERS.IE HAVE 5 NITES FLIGHT AND HOTEL IN LAS VEGAS FOR €445 THE FLIGHT IS WITH DELTA THE DATES I CHECKED WAS FEB 5TH TIL 10TH FEB NOT SURE WHAT OTHER DATES ARE AVAILABLE

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

If it ain't the Bellagio then I ain't interested:D

Good prices though - if wife was not due to drop number 3 on paddies day then we would jump at it. Been a few times and its a great spot. Lots to do and see and weather is always good. Not a place for young kids though so not sure we are gonna be back for a good while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 miss jenny

If it ain't the Bellagio then I ain't interested:D

Good prices though - if wife was not due to drop number 3 on paddies day then we would jump at it. Been a few times and its a great spot. Lots to do and see and weather is always good. Not a place for young kids though so not sure we are gonna be back for a good while.

If anyone is interested in staying at the 5 STAR BELLAGIO flight and hotel for 5 nites is €670

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭buzz55

what hotel is in the 445 deal? Stayed at the Luxor before, too far away from the action. The deal to the Bellagio is v impressive - if only I could/can find the money to go ;)

miss jenny wrote: »
    If anyone is interested in staying at the 5 STAR BELLAGIO flight and hotel for 5 nites is €670

Send me the link! I am calling the Ma in law now to get her to mind the kids:D

buzz55 wrote: »
    what hotel is in the 445 deal?
    Its the Stratosphere hotel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

Its close to one of the outlets but a bus to the strip from there is needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭air

I found the Bellagio deal for €670 but it says that it's €1,338 inc. taxes.
    I think if you're going to post a BA it should mention the true price of the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

miss jenny wrote: »
    Its the Stratosphere hotel
    I stayed there, great hotel and on the strip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

air wrote: »
    I found the Bellagio deal for €670 but it says that it's €1,338 inc. taxes.
    I think if you're going to post a BA it should mention the true price of the deal.
    What you talkin' bout Willis???

I see that Bellagio deal for €500, you prob had selected for 2 people as your high price is double the lower one that you state. All the prices state "including taxes".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭air

Ok, I wasnt looking at the date range specified, so I've changed it to match the OP, specifically:

Booking
    Dublin, Ireland to Las Vegas McCarran Intl Airport (LAS), Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Return trip
    Fri 5 Feb 2010 to Wed 10 Feb 2010
    Trip
    customers: 1
    nights: 5
    Flight
    tickets: 1
    Hotel
    rooms: 1

It now states "* Taxes and fees included" but the cost for the Bellagio is €950.86

Where am I going wrong?

Admittedly I'm now seeing the Strastosphere deal for €504.15 which is pretty incredible either way.

• Advertisement

I stayed there, great hotel and on the strip

The stratosphere is a good distance from the main hotels on the "the strip" - granted you can see them because it's got a huge tower on top of it:D

Between the stratosphere and the rest of the strip you also walk through some dodgy areas that are best not walked through at night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭green123

the stratosphere is a very basic hotel by vegas standards, and it is in the middle of nowhere miles from the centre of the strip .

here is a map of the strip :

map_strip.png

bellagio is probably about the centre so stay in any hotel between treasure island and the excalibur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

€534.31 for two weeks in the stratosphere including flights
    €725.07 for the monte carlo also two weeks.
    €720.99 Ballys across from the Bellagio
    €1,069.54 Bellagio.

10 Jan to the 24th Jan
    Although the Stratosphere is basic by vegas standards its a hell of alot nicer than most hotels in the likes of some european countries such as Spain for the price its great value. I'd probably go for Monte carlo as it in a good enough spot and I loved the lazy pool plus its a great price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Ring them take cheap flights and stay in Bills. You can see the Bellagio fountains from the window and its as cheap as strato, circus etc.

Belaggio is a pretentious stuck up place I wouldn't bother with anyway. More name than anything

Ring them take cheap flights and stay in Bills. You can see the Bellagio fountains from the window and its as cheap as strato, circus etc.

Belaggio is a pretentious stuck up place I wouldn't bother with anyway. More name than anything

If you can't be pretentious and stuck up in Vegas then where can you be:D No one knows you in Vegas - you could be a multi billionaire or a cheapo Irish man, and no one cares a toss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

DingDong wrote: »
    €534.31 for two weeks in the stratosphere including flights

That's incredible!! Sure you can cross the road to the sahara and get the monorail down to the centre of the strip!

I've stayed in the New York New York and MGM Grand a couple of times. Sure they're slap bang in the middle of everything, but 2 weeks at that price is unbelievable!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

This is an incredible bargain alert, thanx OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

Thanks OP hope they stay that price for a while don't have money atm but its on the cards, heres hoping!

Eemia wrote: »
    Thanks OP hope they stay that price for a while don't have money atm but its on the cards, heres hoping!
    I first seen this about a month ago so id say you will be ok for another few days if not gohop.ie and sunway do always have offers on for vegas god i should have been a travel agent :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭blast05

The Bellagio might be a lot dearer but its one hell of a place. I stayed in a suite overlooking the lake and sweet Jesus - incredible !
    The lobby in the Stratosphere in comparison reminded me of being in Bundoran.

There are some fantastic bargains to be had all over the States ... a brother in law of mine and his girlfriend are just back from 7 days in Orlando and 3 in Clearwater on the Gulf of Mexico. Hotels were top notch (included buffer breakfast) - Orlando one was central on International Drive. The package also included a car for the duration of the trip .... total cost for 2 including flights was €1900

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

damn you guys - I am now going to vegas because of you in february :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭johnnysmurfman

Vegas is on its knees at the moment, recession hitting it hard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

best of gettting flight only and sorting you your accomadtion seperatly, i got a great deal on mgm last year that included free access to buffet all day. wouldnt stay in stratosphere if my life depended on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭POKERKING

best place to book vegas accom is http://www.vegas-hotels-online.com/ always check here before booking anywhere else(deals for 2010 wont be online till jan)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

Well i'm booking the hotel on their own website (Bill's) and its working out as 300eur for 7 nights - thats really good!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭golfsocietyirel

just back from vegas - stayed in planet hollywood - across from Bellagio... quality place!!!

Anyone know what the weather like in January in Vegas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

Pretty cold indeed! I rang in 2008 there and it was freezing! Expect temperatures between 2-10 degrees

flanzer wrote: »
    Pretty cold indeed! I rang in 2008 there and it was freezing! Expect temperatures between 2-10 degrees
    Think I'll leave off till March its costing a bit more but at least it should be warmer.

I think we need a Bargain alert anonymous forum the amount of money I spent due to this forum is is unreal. I ended up in Orlando(flight were 200 return) this time last year because of BA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭RKQ

Vegas is Vegas anytime of year - looks great at night, its an amazing place... no matter where you stay or at any time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Two weeks in Vegas. Hahahahahaha

You''ll either be flat stony broke and begging for the flight home, or a millionaire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

It can vary.. I know another poster said it can be between 2-10c.. I was there last jan n was in a T-shirt for the whole week.. was averaging 15-20c..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Murt10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I went to Vegas first week of Jan this year. Most days we didn't need a coat, one day was t-shirts only. Very nice weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

i was there at the end of january in 2007, it was 17-19 degrees during the day but got cold at night, a week earlier before we arrived it got below freezing during the day so its hit and miss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

The stratosphere is a good distance from the main hotels on the "the strip" - granted you can see them because it's got a huge tower on top of it:D

Between the stratosphere and the rest of the strip you also walk through some dodgy areas that are best not walked through at night.

Get out of here! We stayed in the Strat for a week at the end of August and walked it a lot of nights down to where the main action was no problems.

<3 the pool at the top of the Stratosphere :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

Great post op, Vegas must be getting it up the teeth alright, these offers aren't restricted to Ebookers! Expedia seem to be even cheaper. Looks like I'll be spared another miserable January on these wet cold shores! And I'm getting 10% cashback here with BeThrifty.ie, saving an extra €140 or so! :DAlso available on ebookers , fixed at €9!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,481 ✭✭✭✭cson

gleep wrote: »
    Great post op, Vegas must be getting it up the teeth alright, these offers aren't restricted to Ebookers! Expedia seem to be even cheaper. Looks like I'll be spared another miserable January on these wet cold shores! And I'm getting 10% cashback here with BeThrifty.ie, saving an extra €140 or so! :DAlso available on ebookers , fixed at €9!

Vegas is suffering from huge overcapacity - The Stratosphere has 2,444 rooms for example. The Bellagio has almost 4,000 rooms. Most of the Strip hotels are circa 3,000 room capacity so you can that during the week especially in January which wouldn't be a traditional holiday period the occupancy would be as low as ~20% ish. Thats why you're getting the great deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭gleep

I don't really care why it is so cheap, it's a definite bargain! Never been so this looks like the best time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,863 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

When booking on ebookers enter discount code "Dole" for an additional €204 off! Alot of welfare recipients look to be heading over there... does anyone know if there is some convention on?

• Advertisement

ebookers just emailed me with some great vegas and new york package deals and flight prices, mainly to the states for those interested!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭davehey79

yes post up the deatails or forward it on to me i can pm my email address

pm me your email address, thanks!

Advertisement