Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a cat flap?

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'd love to get a cat flap for my kitteh soon - I don't want her to be able to come and go as she pleases, so can anyone recommend a cat flap which has a timer on it, and actually works?

Also, I found a cat flap which recognises you own cat's microchip! Does anyone know if these are any good?

Thanks a mil!!
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭julesrtc

I have a cat flap bought it on the internet, Cant remember where i bought it unfortunately as have it 5 years!! No problems with it whatsoever and only changed the battery once and my cat comes and goes all day and night.
    I think it might have been this website, i have the 4 way micro chip one, its the best as no other cat can come in only your cat(s) with the micro chip on the collar..
    And if you would like to keep your cat in some night(ie Halloween) or every night just turn it to lock in so when they come in they cant get back out again!!!

http://www.pet-bliss.ie/acatalog/Cat_Flaps.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Thanks Jules!

My cat has been microchipped by the vet, and apparently there are cat flaps which can scan their unique chip, and open the door! Would mean there wouldn't be any issues if she lost her collar!! I'd be worried it'd get lost, or caught on something and she'd be stuck outside!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

The only problem I can see with the microchip flap is that it has an external power supply so what happens during a powercut?

Advertisement