Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dry Cleaning issue

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi, my g/f left her silk dress into the dry cleaners to be cleaned. On receipt of the dress she inspected it and there were stains still visible on it. She returned the dress pointed out the stains and they agreed to clean it again. On receipt of the dress for the 2nd time my g/f inspected the dress in the shop on front of the girl behind the counter. There were still stains on it and they agreed to clean it again. On receipt of the dress for a 3rd time the dress was inspected and there were still stains (some had come out) but there was a white "iron mark" along the bottom of the dress. (looked like it was ironed too hot and the seam of the dress caused this white mark). They said they would get the tailor to take down the hem and try and iron the white mark out and then take the dress back up again.

Where does my g/f stand in relation to claiming from the dry cleaners in the event that tomorrow the white mark is still visible?

any info much appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Tell her to stop getting stains on her dresses.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Dry cleaners aren't miracle workers, 3 times it's being cleaned. I think your girlfriend should take some responsibility it was her who stained it

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skipper12

the stains we can live with we realise they are not miracle workers...It is the NEW white line that has appeared from what looks like an ironing??? maybe that was not clear from the mail. I only mentioned the stains not coming out to give an overall picture.

thanks for the really helpful replies though :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Skipper12 wrote: »
    the stains we can live with we realise they are not miracle workers...It is the NEW white line that has appeared from what looks like an ironing??? maybe that was not clear from the mail. I only mentioned the stains not coming out to give an overall picture.

thanks for the really helpful replies though :confused:

The white mark is probably from over-cleaning the area

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

If the dress is 100% silk (as apposed to a rayon mix) any moisture that comes into can cause a white mark or shadow.

It may be that the 'iron' had some moisture form previous steaming when it was used.

Sometimes this can fade in time, but it may be permanent.

OP I take it that you are not satisfied with the dry cleaners offer to try remedy the situation. I am guessing you want the value of the dress paid to you.

Personally I don't think you would be entitled to this as you ordered the cleaning.

(3 times in one year could be alot for a silk dress)

In my opinion it would be very generous of the cleaners to take the dress, pay you the sum you paid for the dress less 3 x dry cleaning bills as their expenses. You should put this to them if it is all you would accept before they go to the expense of getting the tailor to try remedy the marks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement