Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trouble connecting.

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

Laptop help req.

Friday night i know but since i have been at it since midday hope there is an easy answer.

When i opened the laptop this morning it opened in "configuring 3 of 3 updates 100%, do not turn off computer" stayed like that for nearly 2 hours, i powered it down with the on off button and when it restarted it hung in the configuring screen again, i restarted in safe mode, done a restore( there were only 2 restore points available, 06:46 and 06:52,) i chose the earlier and windows started up.

When it started i could not connect to the internet, wirelessly, limited or no connection was over the icon in the tray. All programes will run but anything got to do with deleting the connection, to reinstall it, makes it hang. Ran avast, in case of spyware/virus and shows nothing.

I have 2 other laptops that can connect no worries, on one now so its not the modem.

Any ideas ?

edit: it was vista sp2 that was being installed if that helps, i deleted all updates in safe mode.

Advertisement