Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

the official Brazillian GP thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Kobiashi pulls an alonso on Naka into turn one, nice work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Hey Hermann, from now on when asked to design a track just get some blueprints of Interlagos and some tracing paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

will be good to see how it all plays out, tyres might be a factor though for the one stoppers

looks a bit more overcast now

Button way back after his stop though, lots of work to do

To see the wing off that early in the straight I'd be surprised if there's no need for a safety car.

Brundle giving out about what Kobayashi did to Nakajima, I see very little difference to what Webber did, Nakajima went straight into the back of him.

poor from the toyota, did look like blocking move, very lucky the car had some where to run off

Lot of muck on the track before and after turn 4, they really should put the safety car out there. :pac:

Actually there is quite a bit of debris on the way in, wouldn't like to try a late braking manoeuvre on that.

Hamilton would have passed Barrrichello if turn 4 was cleaned up.

Is Liuzzi fueled to the end?

button might still be in trouble if the tires last for the one stoppers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Can't watch it! What place are barracello and button in...?

3rd and 6th.

Come on Charlie, once Kimi pits send out the SC to allow the track to get cleaned up!

Barrichello and Button 3rd and 4th now. Barrichello should stay there, 5-7th for Button I'd guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭aidan_dunne

As it stands right now, if the race finishes like this Button will be champion.

It won't happen, though. Bernie won't let it. I can see the infamous 'Bernie button' being pressed at any moment and Button's car starts going slowly for half a lap or so, just enough that he drops out of the points and the title race goes down to Abu Dhabi! ;):D

Me, cynical? Nah, never! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Button is doing pretty well, he started from 14th, didn't he?

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Button is doing pretty well, he started from 14th, didn't he?

Yup and he's up to 3rd now, though he has a stop to make yet.

vettel closes in on button [rubs hands]

wheres that bit of rain :)

looks like button is back a good bit

might still go to the last race

All the stops done now? Where's the ****in rain? :D

• Advertisement

Hamilton past Rubens. Button can pull over now. :D

amacachi wrote: »
    All the stops done now? Where's the ****in rain? :D

I bet Bernie is doing a rain dance at the back of the garages right now. Either that or he's on his knees praying Button bins it. Anything to ensure Button just misses out on the points he needs to wrap things up here and forces things to go on to Abu Dhabi and get the last race showdown he desperately wants! ;)

*edit* Bernie must be cursing Barrichello and Bridgestone right now. There goes a lot of the casual viewing audience and lots of money for him for a last race showdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Rubens just has the worst luck ever.
    So disappointed for him.

Irishshin wrote: »
    Rubens just has the worst luck ever.
    So disappointed for him.

From the sounds of it he caused it himself.

Congratulations Jenson, thoroughly deserved. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Delighted for Button.

Well done to him, has had big ups and down over the years, but great to see him finally make it, great job from brawn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Great drive by Webber, Hard luck to Rubens....Pity it didnt go down to the wire. Congrats to Brawn&Button....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Fair play to Button. I wanted him to win but after yesterday I didn't think he would. Well done Jenson.

Gutted for Barrichello. After all he's been through over the years and having to be number 2 to Schumacher for so long, he ends up the bridesmaid again. I really, really wanted him to win the championship this year as it was probably the last chance he'll ever get before his career finishes (fingers crossed for next year but I think we'll see the likes of Ferrari and McLaren much stronger next year).

Fair play to Button, though, he kept his head and did what he needed to in order to wrap things up today. Unlike Hamilton who nearly lost his head and almost threw it all away 12 months ago. ;)

And congrats to Brawn GP for wrapping up the Constructors Championship too. Considering it looked like they weren't even going to be on the grid just a few weeks before the start of the season, it really is a fairytale story come through.

Even Ross Brawn has lost his normal cool head and is looking emotional there. Fair play, Ross, and all the guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Congrats to Button. Great drive. Very enjoyable race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Great race, Congratulations to Button
    LoL at Trulli, it was your fault
    Kobayashi is a bit of a sato i think.

Excellent races from Webber Vettel Hamilton Kubica and Button

Thank god a couple of fast cars were at the back of the grid
    :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Irishshin

Think that was the best race of the season.

And to top it all off, Jenson got to kiss Lee McKenzie before the interview. Jammy b*****d :)

Great montage now. (Pity about the music). Love seeing the old boys smoking. :L

Is anyone having trouble watching the BBC stream online? It keeps saying the content isn't working and to try again later. Was the same yesterday. Wouldn't mind seeing the forum now after the race.

I dont care what you say one great drive doesnt make you a worthy champion. He for sure brought his stock back up, but....

Is anyone having trouble watching the BBC stream online? It keeps saying the content isn't working and to try again later. Was the same yesterday. Wouldn't mind seeing the forum now after the race.

Make sure to watch it via IE. I have issues with it via Firefox.

No idea what its like on Chrome etc

me@ucd wrote: »
    I dont care what you say one great drive doesnt make you a worthy champion. He for sure brought his stock back up, but....

Oh ffs. What does make someone a worthy champion? Opinion or results? He won 6 of the first 7 races, how many did Rubens win? He's won the title and is completely worthy of it.

Is the BBC forum on iPlayer available online outside the UK?

• Advertisement

Bernie Ecclestone, take note. F**k your finale in a bland Tilkedrome in the middle of nowhere where the stands will probably be empty, stick to having the finale at a classic, old skool track that produces great racing, with heaving grandstands full of passionate fans, all the while shown on primetime TV in Europe! :D

If proof were ever needed that F1 needs to ditch circuits like Bahrain, Valencia, Turkey, etc., from the calendar and get back to racing on proper tracks, the race today was it.

Is the BBC forum on iPlayer available online outside the UK?

Only with the use of a UK proxy.

http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/proxyservice/index.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

What makes you a worthy champion is more points than anyone else anything you think is irrelavent. Well done button

Bernie Ecclestone, take note. F**k your finale in a bland Tilkedrome in the middle of nowhere where the stands will probably be empty, stick to having the finale at a classic, old skool track that produces great racing, with heaving grandstands full of passionate fans, all the while shown on primetime TV in Europe! :D

If proof were ever needed that F1 needs to ditch circuits like Bahrain, Valencia, Turkey, etc., from the calendar and get back to racing on proper tracks, the race today was it.

In fairness I think the Abu Dhabi GP is sold out. Though the tracks are all just plain daft as far as I'm concerned. I have no idea what it is but Interlagos has always been great for passing. Today for example I thought Kobayashi must have had a lot of wing on the way Button was pulling up to him on the straight, but then Kobayashi did the same to others, so somehow the whole thing is more conducive to drafting than some of the silly long straights on the new tracks.

Bernie is going to have a lot of grovelling to do to some rich Arabs over the next days. :pac:

he may have won the first 6 of 7 (in a FAR superior car I might add)

"I personally think I am worthy world champion with that drive" - Button (said at least twice in the last 20min)

Ive never heard a schumacher alonso or hamilton ect, feel they needed to justify just winning a world championship ye know?

Was funny watching EJ getting in on the party in the garage and getting a kiss from the Brawn GP hottie.

he may have won the first 6 of 7 (in a FAR superior car I might add)

"I personally think I am worthy world champion with that drive" - Button (said at least twice in the last 20min)

Ive never heard a schumacher alonso or hamilton ect, feel they needed to justify just winning a world championship ye know?

His car was far superior to Rubens' was it?

He's saying it as an answer to the, to be frank, bull**** that people in the sport who should know better have been coming out with about him over the past couple of months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

What makes you a worthy champion is more points than anyone else anything you think is irrelavent. Well done button

I've been watching F1 for 20 years and i've never been happier to see someone win a championship as much as Jenson.

His car was far superior to Rubens' was it?

He's saying it as an answer to the, to be frank, bull**** that people in the sport who should know better have been coming out with about him over the past couple of months.

last to post wins :pac:
    agree to disagree ;)

but if it means anything Im torn between being glad he won, but tad disappointed the way it was done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I just want 2010 please, couldnt care less if Button won it or not, doesnt change my opinion that he is at best an average driver.

Advertisement