Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent pub in Newbridge

Options
  • 16-10-2009 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Is there such a thing as a decent pub in Newbridge?

Have tried Harrigans a few times and it was ok but just wondering if there are any others.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

JackieO wrote: »

Have tried Harrigans a few times and it was ok but just wondering if there are any others.

Coffey's for me but if I always head for Naas.

18-25 Graces
    20-30 Haydens
    25-35 Kavanaghs
    25-40 Lawlors
    Game of pool - Murtaghs!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

JackieO wrote: »

what are you looking for? i like flannagans. friendly staff, good pint and you can talk to the people around you. same in the liffey arms. both have music at least once a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭JackieO

Hi guys

Thanks for the tips! I'll have to give those a try.

Suppose I'm just looking for a pub with a nice atmosphere, that is not going to be taken over by the local football/basketball/whatever team of a saturday night and also one that has a policy of excluding very drunk people who are causing a disturbance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Flanagans

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Coffeys.

Very friendly and a very mixed crowd of old and young. Any pub will be delighted to get an army of football supporters or players on any night. The GAA crowd use it after a match and it can get wedged but once 7pm comes around they clear out and the regulars turn up. Same on Sunday for Liverpool or Utd game. They generally dedicate a TV for whatever sport is on during the day, i.e. horses on one TV in the corner, football on one closest the door, rugby on main screen if it clashes with football. Only curse is TV can often be on later with nothing on and people will stare at it. It has a nice athmosphere and staff are decent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 zztopper

coffeys is a ****hole, the guy with the glasses is too sweet to be genuine, flanagans is good at the weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

zztopper wrote: »
    coffeys is a ****hole, the guy with the glasses is too sweet to be genuine, flanagans is good at the weekends

ha ha. I thought the exact same for a while. He is genuine. Very nice guy and remembers his customers. Never took to flanagans. The old side vs lounge side divide of customers is too strange. Very clicky people.

Advertisement