Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasons Beatings

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Goin agree with Dreddy, no way Wong would stand a chance with Sagat.

Also I think by the end of the Evo final Daigo had Boxer pretty well figured so I don't think that would've helped.

I reckon Fei was a good choice as Daigo didn't know the match. But he learned so fast and then once he had some idea of what was going on in the match Fei isn't solid enough to go the distance.

From the top of my head, I would think that if he stuck with Seth then he would have the best chance. Seth is a console character so you get the surprise and Seth is at his best in high-level play. As someone said at EVO it's a lot easier to play Seth against a really good player then to use him against a random scrub.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Seths versatility in top level play is impressive but can he really last the pace with 700 stamina against Daigo??

Good point. The ume shoryu would probly eat him alive. At this point though he's kinda run out of options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

he used to get stick for using chun in 3s so he said himself that hes gonna use other crowd pleasing characters.

I don't really buy that, I think Wong would use whoever he thinks will help him win. I just think he doesn't really play fireball/distance zoners and I think that comes from his marvel and 3S days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

During the commentary they said that Daigo recently played Mago in a 30 games set and beat him 23-7.

Think it was when Daigo was playing Joe that they said it.

Heard that as well. He really has an unnatural ability for learning how to fight characters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Daigo v Wong series from Seasons Beatings 4. I really like Wong's Fei Long actually. Nice to see him used well.

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That's the start of the finals, but not of the Daigo vs Wong tournament sets, as they played in the semis first of all. Not sure if the earlier games are up yet.

Yeh I'm not sure where to find or if it's possible to find films of the FT10 event between them.

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

The FT10 will supposedly be up "soon", so I guess wait a week.
    Daigo won 10-2 though, so it's bound to be less exciting -- just like EC's trashing of WC at Bar Fights II.

• Advertisement

Ry wrote: »
    Yeh I'm not sure where to find or if it's possible to find films of the FT10 event between them.

Ry

I'm not talking about the FT10 though!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I'm not talking about the FT10 though!

Ah I thought you meant that event.

Ry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh, you meant Wong vs Daigo in Winner's Finals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Theres money matches with daigo up now, good quality with commentary from chris hu. The andre and edaurdo perez ones are great.

http://frame-advantage.com/beta/bonus-matches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Jeez Balrogs dash into Ultra is so effective!

*edit* I should add against fireball spammers like Daigo :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Azza, you will probably enjoy this one. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c0zztWgzzA&feature=related

embedding sucks! lol

Yeah the Balrog matches were by far my favourite too... that Gief player was just embarrassing to watch. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

More vids on that site now from Battlefield Arcadia #7.
    http://www.frame-advantage.com/beta/street-fighter-4/87-battlefield-arcadia-7

No chris hu commentary unfortunately but instead we have two guys talking about ryu throwin plasmas :pac:

*Edit*: Actually, chris hu commentates on the final!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭joconnell

Ugh they are both so ridiculously sick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Absolutely brilliant match that one Kirby, love watching that matchup when it's players of that calibre.

Advertisement