Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike Rental in Dublin City

Options
  • 17-10-2009 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

So far since these have been introduced, i've seen young lads in tracksuits tryin their best to rob em, or pissing off people using them! On Kevin's St earlier tonight these two forgein men were casually cycling when 3 young lads leg it over and stop the bike and try rob it off em.

They seem to be gettin pretty good use though around town, I just thought they'd cause more bedlam on the roads, but its not the case.

Anyone using them much?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Benburb Street. Plenty of bikes to ride down there

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭pistonsvox

furry glen in phoenix park:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

they're mostly for tourists arent they?
    seems they came about 3yrs too late ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭Mark200

me@ucd wrote: »
    seems they came about 3yrs too late ;)

Are they? I thought the whole thing where you have to get a yearly membership or something kind of detracted from any touristy thing.

But yeah the system seems to be working pretty well. Apparently they hit their target for registration for the first 12 months within 2 weeks of it opening.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Why do they have to look so stupid though?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

me@ucd wrote: »

Not really. They aren't meant for tourists who are better hiring from a 'normal' bike hire due to the 1/2 fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Because there is no actual Dublin city forum like.

EDIT: Mods got there before me. Well played good sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

It's only a matter of time before we see them in the Liffey. It's a shame though, bike rental schemes work very well in other European countries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

I wish wish we had our search engine working again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement