Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Cheap" Software

Options
  • 17-10-2009 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of the likes of http://lunderkin.com that resell branded software at knockdown prices?

Are they genuine, or what's the catch? If it's at a knockdown price because you dont get disks or vendor support, I can handle that, as long as the product is the real McCoy and liscensed.

I'm a believer in "if it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is too good to be true", and this has got me far in life! However, I can't figure out if this is genuine or a bit dodge.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

Its a scam. Just as a heads up, a lot of that software isn't available in any form of OEM version anyway. You're also not getting licences (if you end up getting anything at all) - just the facility to download the installation files/image. Avoid!

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Thanks.

Yeah, looked a bit dodge. I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay full prices so. Looked way too good to be true!

Advertisement