Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying glasses up north

• 17-10-2009 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has bought their glasses up north and if so did they find it cheaper? also is it difficult to get the prescriptions from the optician in Dublin and then bring that up with you? or is it better to get the eye test up north as well in the same opticians?

Just wondering if Opticians here would be a bit peeved at the idea at you going somewhere else to purchase the glasses. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

kube wrote: »
    Hi, I was wondering if anyone has bought their glasses up north and if so did they find it cheaper?

It will work out slightly cheaper. I compared glasses the last time I went up.
    also is it difficult to get the prescriptions from the optician in Dublin and then bring that up with you?

No.
    or is it better to get the eye test up north as well in the same opticians?

It does not make a difference, you may be entiltled to a free eye test and pair of glasses if you have made certain PRSI contributions. You get the form from the opticians fill it out post it off and get a voucher.

Just wondering if Opticians here would be a bit peeved at the idea at you going somewhere else to purchase the glasses. :confused:

They may be, just tell them you want the eye test and that is all. Its your own business why you want it done.

A cheaper alternative to the bricks and mortar would be online.
    Was a bit worried about using this but think its way cheaper online.
    See here for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭kube

Thanks for all that...I'll give that a look...sounds good.

Thanks for all the help.
    M

Advertisement